Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
ESPN article on phone calls:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...nti-teo-acknowledges-lying-first-tv-interview

I like how the phone records couldn't be "verefied." Too bad the spell checker couldn't be verified either. I find it ironic that the story that illustrates shoddy journalism still has shoddy journalism/ editing (not just the spell checker, but also the fact ESPN is running with "information" that was not substantiated in any way aside from what some one said).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
ESPN article on phone calls:

http://espn.go.com/college-football...nti-teo-acknowledges-lying-first-tv-interview

I like how the phone records couldn't be "verefied." Too bad the spell checker couldn't be verified either. I find it ironic that the story that illustrates shoddy journalism still has shoddy journalism/ editing (not just the spell checker, but also the fact ESPN is running with "information" that was not substantiated in any way aside from what some one said).
Phone logs do not come in spreadsheet format, and spreadsheets can be altered very easily. ESPN.com continues to treat its readers as though they are idiots. Maybe they are.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
After some folks commented about not seeing pictures of Leenay until this report, I started to think about the times I saw the pictures of her. They weren't frequent. This is another area where the journalists failed. Why not question more available pictures of the couple of 3 plus years?

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Will 100 pages be a record??????????.....:biggrin:
There are two active threads on the football board above 100 pages. The "hat thread" leads with 142 (though just mentioning it here will probably cause enough "ttt" posts in it to get it to 143 by Thursday morning). The 2012 SECCG thread is next with 103. This thread is third as of this post...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.