Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I thought it was over the top to say Manti was interested in dudes. After this latest development, doesn't seem so over the top.

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Katie, I've had a change of heart. I'd rather you not be my imaginary girl...

I'd rather him be my imaginary girl....

What do you mean by him????????????????

I mean him, the camera guy.......

You can call me Lennay anytime you want.....

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Reporter: Manti we have pictures of you holding hands with Tuiasosopo during a gay pride parade?

Manti: yea….uh…I thought I was shooting a commercial for Lucky Charms you know uh yea. I was duped again poor me. where is Katie Couric?

Tider@GW_Law

All-American
Sep 16, 2007
Sacramento, CA
I've been out of the loop the past couple days but noticed something about an "unverified spreadsheet" of phone records - which, in its phrasing, seems to be expressly saying that they do not appear to be actual phone bills or anything else official from the phone company.

Why is the media AGAIN reporting information without any sort of verification and, even worse, framing them as if they are evidence that Teo is telling the truth about the hoax?!?!

Has anyone at least put out to whom the listed numbers belong on this homemade phone bill Excel file? Has anybody even asked?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've been out of the loop the past couple days but noticed something about an "unverified spreadsheet" of phone records - which, in its phrasing, seems to be expressly saying that they do not appear to be actual phone bills or anything else official from the phone company.

Why is the media AGAIN reporting information without any sort of verification and, even worse, framing them as if they are evidence that Teo is telling the truth about the hoax?!?!

Has anyone at least put out to whom the listed numbers belong on this homemade phone bill Excel file? Has anybody even asked?
I think ABC news has released that it's viewed the actual bills. I'm not completely sure about that...

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

That was my issue. ESPN did a write up detailing the # of phone calls and duration. In their write up, they even mentioned that they were "unverefied" (sic). My problem was, why make a story about something only corroborated by an anonymous source w/o verified/certified documents. ESPN is really looking subpar in their investigation or fact-checking.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
The "voice" was a man?

I keep hoping this story will go away, as I no longer find it amusing, but with new material coming out every day, the media just can't let it go...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.