Page 7 of 104 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast

Re: Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Manti speaks:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...pparently-hoax
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Re: Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Statement from Te'o who is now saying it was just an online relationship, contrary to previous statements:

“We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC

Didn't he say he made interceptions in her memory on the day of her funeral service or something? I'm shocked the national media didn't try to interview her parents, show photos of her gravestone, etc. I mean, the most cursory background check would have brought this to light. There are too many videos and too many quotes -- whoever thought the "he was hoodwinked" thing was going to work is obviously stupid and naive, oh, wait....
    Roll Tide

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by uaintn View Post
    I'm shocked the national media didn't try to interview her parents, show photos of her gravestone, etc.
    They're interviewing Gene Wojciechowski on ESPN right now, and he said he tried but Manti said they didn't want to be interviewed.
    ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE - SMU MUSTANGS - KENTUCKY WILDCATS

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    Statement from Te'o who is now saying it was just an online relationship, contrary to previous statements:

riiiight
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post

So lying then or lying now? Which is it?

BamaNation All-American CrimsonForce's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TexanBammer View Post
    They're interviewing Gene Wojciechowski on ESPN right now, and he said he tried but Manti said they didn't want to be interviewed.
    Or be contacted, or give a photo of the girl. This is messed up.

People who never looked up any more info on the girlfriend:

http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/16/38...p-lennay-kekua

-Bill Belichick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

This is the second fraud Teo has pulled off lately. The first was pretending to be an SEC-caliber linebacker.
    Saying ‘I'’m sorry’ is the same as saying ‘I apologize...except at a funeral.”

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

I'm looking at Sportscenter and seeing "Breaking News: Manti Te'o's girlfriend did not exist" such a bizarre storyline, looks so odd.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

nice. fraud
    1st LT US ARMY

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    I'm looking at Sportscenter and seeing "Breaking News: Manti Te'o's girlfriend did not exist" such a bizarre storyline, looks so odd.
    Some rumblings out now that ESPN has been aware of the story for 10 days but couldn't confirm. If that's the case, they would have gotten word of it about a day or so before the BCS National Championship Game.

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-SEC

this is amazing. neuter shame went from penthouse on jan. 6 to outhouse by jan. 16.