Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
This is just too crazy.

It's a little annoying that ESPN won't connect the dots between statements from Te'o and his family about his "girlfriend" visiting and them meeting in person. His current statement is only going to worsen the situation.

Surely he's hired an agent at this point. That agent needs to advise him to shut his mouth and hire the best PR firm they can find.

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
It never happened to me personally, but heck I remember some professors at Alabama that would require obituaries and then some (just short of a death certificate) to get an excused absence for a funeral.
And god forbid it happened during a test. Each professor had final say as to whether you were given a make-up test and good luck passing it.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Just got home & hubby told me about this story breaking.
Wow.

Anybody trying to portray him a victim over this, it just won't wash. Too many interviews with him (recorded and in print) for him to squirm out of this.
Shame on ND knowing this already and for sitting on the story.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
To my Tide friends! What the hell, an 11 page thread and GROWING about a ND player's hoax!

You guys must be bored! :D

ESPN this is the LEADING story. Ridiculous, but so many people follow ND, the haters and the lovers.

8 o'clock press conference? Only at ND would this ridiculous story get this much press.

I think originally he probably was goldfished, catfished or whatever fished it is. I have no idea what that means but that's what they are saying on the ND boards. To me, he HAD to find out eventually the girl was a fraud and my guess is at THAT point HE decided to keep it alive for publicity.

Hey I call it like I see it and I was crucified on an ND board when I said he knew about it.

So how are my Tide friends doing? How's the New Year going? :)

KentuckianaBFan

All-SEC
Jan 26, 2011
Lakeland, FL, 2018
echoaffiliate.com
This is just too crazy.

It's a little annoying that ESPN won't connect the dots between statements from Te'o and his family about his "girlfriend" visiting and them meeting in person. His current statement is only going to worsen the situation.

Surely he's hired an agent at this point. That agent needs to advise him to shut his mouth and hire the best PR firm they can find.
Or hire the boog's lawyers...

Speaking of which...let's have a show of hands...who thinks that the boogs were behind this exposure to deflect the laughter after the announcement that cammy has returned to the barn to pursue his degree in Sociology?

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Wow! The undefeated season, Te'o winning all those awards and finishing 2nd in the Heisman, the Bama beatdown and now this.

Ya think ND would gladly slink back into irrelevancy?

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I think originally he probably was goldfished, catfished or whatever fished it is. I have no idea what that means but that's what they are saying on the ND boards.
I think you mean to say that those are the pearls they're clutching at on the ND boards.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
I think you mean to say that those are the pearls they're clutching at on the ND boards.
Like I said, I think he eventually found out early that she was a hoax, and HE decided to keep it alive. He lied to an ESPN reporter in October about meeting her. Bad Manti

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.