Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
It could very well be that Te'o is totally socially inept which is hard to imagine with a bunch of co-eds around who are willing to go out with ANY ND football player. Possibly he is gay (which is much more acceptable nowadays) and doesn't want to screw up a possible career in the NFL. There are gay players in the NFL but they will never admit it until after their playing days are over.
And, important safety tip: When having Chinese food with a gay ex-NFL player, do NOT put soy sauce on his rice.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I would have liked to have heard that also. The dumbest looking guy in the whole mess is the NFL player who claims to have met "her."
i am with you. i need to hear the voice now. but i thought they retracted that story and said it was the "hoaxer's" cousin that supplied the voice. it is all so confusing.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Oh my gosh!

I just met Manti Te'o and I must say he is a very nice and well mannered young man.

My wife and I just moved into a new home and our dog kept getting out of the yard so I called a company to help with the problem.

And what do you know, they send Manti over to install the product.

They call it the "invisible fence".

I sure hope it works...he just waved a wand and said, "Hocus Pocus", then charged us 1400 dollars...

BAMA 22 HEISMAN

1st Team
Dec 13, 2009
Oh my gosh!

I just met Manti Te'o and I must say he is a very nice and well mannered young man.

My wife and I just moved into a new home and our dog kept getting out of the yard so I called a company to help with the problem.

And what do you know, they send Manti over to install the product.

They call it the "invisible fence".

I sure hope it works...he just waved a wand and said, "Hocus Pocus", then charged us 1400 dollars
Freaking classic!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
i am with you. i need to hear the voice now. but i thought they retracted that story and said it was the "hoaxer's" cousin that supplied the voice. it is all so confusing.
Nothing confusing here...
One lie covers the last ect...ect...
Fake Girlfriend?
Everybody's met her/Nobody's met her?
Fake girlfriend has stayed at Te'o's parents house in the Islands/Or Te'o's father lied about her visiting?
One dumb, Pro football player claims to have met the fake girlfriend/Or did he just want to see his name in the news?
It's a guy doing the voice of fake girlfriend/or it's a female cousin of the guy doing the hoax?
Te'o was either in on the lie or he wasn't?
Te'o is either 'Straight or Gay'? (At this point, nobody really cares which)
Te'o lied at least about part of this/Te'o is a 'bumpkin' and was taken advantage of...?

Last edited:

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
The latest from Dr. Phil.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/manti-teo-hoaxer-tells-dr-phil-killed-fake/story?id=18367198

Dr. Phil McGraw pressed Tuiasosopo to replicate the fake girlfriend's voice that spent countless hours talking to the Notre Dame star linebacker.

"Much of this relationship you had was on the phone...let me hear that voice," Dr. Phil demanded of Tuiasosopo. "If that is you on those voicemails, then prove it."

"I can't, even if I tried," Tuiasosopo said. "There's a whole lot that went into pushing me to do something like that..to go to that extreme consistently. Even if I tried, it doesn't come off right."

Tuiasosopo said it was "awkward and uncomfortable" and he had never done the voice in front of a person, doing it alone in a dark room every time.
Dr. Phil told Tuiasosopo that he was "very skeptical" and just wanted the truth.
They sure are going through alot to keep this lie going. It doesn't sound like Dr. Phil will get the truth out of these two (Te'o & Tuiasosopo) because as far as I'm concerned they both made this bed of lies.

Last edited:

BillDee

3rd Team
Sep 7, 2010
Athens, GA
www.BillDunston.com
According to a recent story by CBS Sports, Tuiasosopo was actually the voice on the phone.

"In the McGraw interview, Tuiasosopo said he was the voice of Kekua, and provided samples to McGraw and a producer. One of those samples, McGraw said, was compared by three separate laboratories to recorded voice mails sent by Kekua to Te'o. They were a match, he said."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-attributes-teo-hoax-to-childhood-molestation

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
According to a recent story by CBS Sports, Tuiasosopo was actually the voice on the phone.

"In the McGraw interview, Tuiasosopo said he was the voice of Kekua, and provided samples to McGraw and a producer. One of those samples, McGraw said, was compared by three separate laboratories to recorded voice mails sent by Kekua to Te'o. They were a match, he said."

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...-attributes-teo-hoax-to-childhood-molestation
Again, I say demonstrate. Don't 'supply samples'. He is dodging a simple demonstration.

Dr. Phil is supposed to be the 'get real guy'. C'mon Doc, get real!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.