Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

CrimsonPaul

1st Team
Jun 12, 2006
Brandon, MS
Cecil is on a roll" Cecil Hurt‏@CecilHurt

Tough luck for Boise State. The Statue of Liberty play against Oklahoma is no longer the greatest fake in BCS history

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Here is Te'o talking about his girlfriend, come on this guy isn't a victim he is a liar!

1:15 it gets interesting.

[video=youtube;BGgIwSc8M3M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BGgIwSc8M3M#t=75 s[/video]

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Just think ND found out about this during the time MT was getting all of those awards....hmmm makes ya wonder why they didn't come out with it then.

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
This whole thing is absolutely ridiculous.

Te'o had to be in on it with him saying they met in 2009 and then vacationed together in Hawaii.
Yeah there is no way he didn't know about it. I didn't know he didn't go to her funeral. What person does that?That should have been a clue all wasn't right.

rhm54

1st Team
Nov 30, 2006
Manti speaks:

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

http://espn.go.com/college-football...ry-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.