Deadspin is saying Te'o's girlfriend's death was a hoax created for publicity

bondsdw

Scout Team
Jan 26, 2007
Wow. This whole thing is absolutely bonkers, but the most stunning part is that he is actually denying involvement. Granting someone the absolute gullibility to fall into such a serious relationship, talk for hours on the phone, and become so emotionally invested in someone that he had never met is already pretty absurd. But those news articles about them meeting and the quotes from his father about her visiting Hawaii when he was home are clinchers. I guess we're just supposed to ignore those?

Lassr4Bama

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Hazel Green, AL
I so want to believe that he was duped by the hoax and it was a cruel joke played on him but I can't get past all the interviews about meeting her, etc. Obvious a lie which makes anything he says now suspect. Just so sad. He appeared to be a classy guy.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
"Kids, if you're in Hawaii, get out in the backyard and tackle, one day you can get one of these dead girlfriends" Brent Musberger

Tebow cried, LSU tried, Te'o lied, his fake girlfriend died, Roll Tide!!!

Guys we need to stop piling on Te'o and think of the poor girl who lost her life and the poor family that is still grieving the loss of their daughter.

This is just too unbelievable.

Rattlehead82

1st Team
Feb 3, 2008
Pace, FL
If you go by the statement from Nd they found out in late December that it was a hoax. I am not going to be quick to judge that he knew earlier in the season. This is a weird story and a lot of people are victims of this same situation.

Now if it does come out that he knew about it way earlier in the season, then that is a different story.

ETA: I didn't know he said he met her in the interviews. This is just too strange.
According to the ND vice president, that means they met online. Absurd!

TexanBammer

All-SEC
Sep 8, 2012
Richardson, TX
How can they say this was "exclusively an online relationship," when they have already come out in the past couple of months and said they not only met after a football game on the field but also in Hawaii?

Holy cover up batman.

100%Crimson

All-SEC
Feb 4, 2004
This is....weird....strange....crazy....my brain can't even find the words to express what I am thinking. How do you have a girlfriend and never meet her? She dies and you didn't even go to the funeral?? What am I missing here? :confused:

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
How can they say this was "exclusively an online relationship," when they have already come out in the past couple of months and said they not only met after a football game on the field but also in Hawaii?

Holy cover up batman.

Wow! See I never knew that part of the story.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
This just adds to the ND mystique. The way they go catterwalling around about "doing things the right way."

I'm thinking Touchdown Jesus will have a scowl on his face all next season.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I'm thinking it will come out that Notre Dame was in on this. The part in the Deadspin article about how the photos of the girl were altered to make them impossible to reverse image search sounded way too technical for a guy who is obviously a moron.

We know they have covered up worse.

The thread about Teo's dad complaining about the local papers coverage of his son is incredibly funny now. What is he gonna do with this coverage?

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I guess the father not wanting the picture of Lacy running over him...is the least of his problems. This story will haunt him now...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
We need to negative recruit Notre Dame with Mr. Vanderdoes, at Notre Dame you will have to make up a girlfriend.

Time to move on over to Irishenvy and see how they are reacting haha.

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
Attention blue chip football recruits: Being "the man" at Notre Dame gets you a dude pretending to be a girl on the internet. Being "the man" at Bama gets you an SI swimsuit model in the stands wearing your jersey. That is all.
A friend of mine posted this on Facebook.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.