Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Is anyone else having problems with a "502 Bad Gateway" Error?

Two different computers, one at work and one at home. Links on the site work about 50% of the time for me.... anybody know whats wrong?

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Re: Is anyone else having problems with a "502 Bad Gateway" Error?

I have a different problem, and meant to bring it to Benevolent Dictator's attention.

Football forum bookmark, on Firefox, takes me to the main page. Ditto for "quick link". Using normal link, on front page, works.

Problem does not exist on Opera. Clearing cache, etc., does not remedy the situation. Clearing the cache usually fixes the one you brought up.
    "Mama called."

So, we took her home.

3/8/26-8/20/13

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I am getting it when I use my normal browser - Google Chrome - to access the site. I have been receiving this error the last couple of days. I had to type this reply by accessing Internet Explorer, which I hate using for various different performance reasons. I am not having any other issues accessing other websites and pages so something screwy seems to be going on... I would certainly like some feedback to fix it if it indeed is a problem on my end.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post
    I have a different problem, and meant to bring it to Benevolent Dictator's attention.

Football forum bookmark, on Firefox, takes me to the main page. Ditto for "quick link". Using normal link, on front page, works.

Problem does not exist on Opera. Clearing cache, etc., does not remedy the situation. Clearing the cache usually fixes the one you brought up.
    Yeah, I think the link to the forum changed or something. If you look the football forum up on google and click the link it takes you to the homepage as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cuda.1973 View Post

This^

Only thing thing I'm having a problem with is going to the Football board from the home page. If I click the "Football" link it just reloads the home page, but if I use the drop down menu to click the "Football " link, it works.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's at least somewhat a cache problem. I had it happen a bit two days ago and quite a bit yesterday myself - also with Chrome, my main browser. I noticed that I wasn't getting it on Firefox or IE on my main system and that I wasn't getting it on any of those three browsers on another system.

So, I wiped Chrome's entire cache/history/cookies/etc. and rebooted the system. Voila, it was gone!

It appears to be something in the browser that's interacting with the server incorrectly, causing some sort of content or refresh error which makes the server return to the browser that error page.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    It's at least somewhat a cache problem. I had it happen a bit two days ago and quite a bit yesterday myself - also with Chrome, my main browser. I noticed that I wasn't getting it on Firefox or IE on my main system and that I wasn't getting it on any of those three browsers on another system.

So, I wiped Chrome's entire cache/history/cookies/etc. and rebooted the system. Voila, it was gone!

It appears to be something in the browser that's interacting with the server incorrectly, causing some sort of content or refresh error which makes the server return to the browser that error page.
    I got the same result as I described above with my Nexus 7 on Chrome...or maybe it was Taptalk, I don't recall.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Post Thanks / Like

The football link on the main site points to: http://tidefans.com/forums/football

The link in the drop-down menu points to: http://www.tidefans.com/forums/football

I guess there's something weird going on server-side that's causing tidefans.com/*** to redirect to the homepage?

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I use Firefox and have the football page bookmarked and have never had a problem coming here. I do get the gateway error message occasionally, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Which link does your bookmark point to? I just tried it in firefox, which I never use, and got the same result as I do with chrome.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

A cache cleanout should take care of it. My Firefox browser changed the bookmark to news. tidefans.com, instead of tidefans.com/forums/football, along with giving me the gateway 504 error. I created a new bookmark and deleted the old one. No problems since.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    Yeah, I am getting it when I use my normal browser - Google Chrome - to access the site. I have been receiving this error the last couple of days. I had to type this reply by accessing Internet Explorer, which I hate using for various different performance reasons. I am not having any other issues accessing other websites and pages so something screwy seems to be going on... I would certainly like some feedback to fix it if it indeed is a problem on my end.
    I am getting the exact same behavior. Resorted to Firefox to type this. I am having an issue with tapatalk as well. It can see the thread titles but cannot ever display the thread. This is the same thing that happens in chrome, I can get to the main forum, and the sub forums (such as football, recrutiing) but when I click on a topic in the forum I get the 502 in chrome.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Clearing cookie/cache fixes gateway problems