Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Is anyone else having problems with a "502 Bad Gateway" Error?

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    A cache cleanout should take care of it. My Firefox browser changed the bookmark to news. tidefans.com, instead of tidefans.com/forums/football, along with giving me the gateway 504 error. I created a new bookmark and deleted the old one. No problems since.
    It looks like this may have helped the issue. I cleared the cache and am now having much better luck with Chrome. That isn't to say I am willing to say this is fixed completely, as before I have been occasionally able to access threads from Chrome after receiving the 502 but it definitely has seemed to help.

Thanks.

2. Advertisement

I've gotten the error from time to time, but clearing the cache seems to cure it. We'll let this thread run a while to see how many have the problem...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

When I click on Football board it reloads the home page. I have to use the pull-down menu to access this board. Pages are loading really slow this am.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    When I click on Football board it reloads the home page. I have to use the pull-down menu to access this board. Pages are loading really slow this am.
    Having the same problem. Also, the url http://tidefans.com/forums/football no longer takes me to the football forum. This now leads to the tidefans homepage.

BamaNation Second Team

Same issue here. Click on football board reloads to home page. Recruiting board works fine from home page.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Having the same problem. Also, the url http://tidefans.com/forums/football no longer takes me to the football forum. This now leads to the tidefans homepage.
    I had this problem last night at home on my laptop. Today, I'm not having that problem since I'm at work.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American cuda.1973's Avatar
    My Mood
    Sick on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 1FitToBeTide View Post
    A cache cleanout should take care of it. My Firefox browser changed the bookmark to news. tidefans.com, instead of tidefans.com/forums/football, along with giving me the gateway 504 error. I created a new bookmark and deleted the old one. No problems since.
    Guess you are luckier than I am. My bookmark is correct, and changing it does nothing.

If you look closely, some of the links give the actual forum number. Those seem to work. The ones without don't.
    "He's crazy, Doc. He won't fly with me. I take good care of him, but he won't. He's crazy, alright."
    "There, that's proof, isn't it?. They all say I'm crazy."
    "They're crazy."
    "Then why don't you ground them?"
    "Why don't they ask?"
    "Because they're crazy, that's why."
    "Of course they're crazy. I just told you that. You can't let crazy people decide if you are crazy or not, can you?"

BamaNation First Team

Count me in I have this problem using my Kindle

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thanks for the feedback folks. We have made some major updates to the system this week and some things obviously are a bit wacky. It involved server, DNS, database, and load balancer changes among other things that I will describe later. The uptake of this is that we can handle orders of magnitude more traffic now than last week and have some amazing technology behind us thanks to http://Richweb.com - our host. Still need to tweak performance, db, and cache. But thanks for the info...specific details help.

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ok I have fixed the quick links menu at the top of the home page.

Can you describe in detail the page that is giving you a 502 error?

You may still need to clear cache. It should rectify itself over the coming days automatically but if you want to make sure, just clear your cache.

Any other problems? Thanks for the feedback.

BamaNation Hall of Fame seebell's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

I have had the 502 gateway error message twice, both times when logging out. I go back to the previous page and then can log out with no problem

Originally Posted by Kevo
    the link Kevo posted above takes me to "page not found"

No problems here of any note

BamaNation All-American tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post
    Any other problems? Thanks for the feedback.
    When I access tidefans.com through my bookmark or through Google, I get the simple message "Access Denied".

When I access the Tide Fans individual forums through Google, I get a 404 Not Found error.

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I was having a similar problem with an error message but it seems to have cleared itself up for now. Of course, saying that, this response will probably start an error page.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag