Is anyone else having problems with a "502 Bad Gateway" Error?

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
I have a different problem, and meant to bring it to Benevolent Dictator's attention.

Football forum bookmark, on Firefox, takes me to the main page. Ditto for "quick link". Using normal link, on front page, works.

Problem does not exist on Opera. Clearing cache, etc., does not remedy the situation. Clearing the cache usually fixes the one you brought up.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Yeah, I am getting it when I use my normal browser - Google Chrome - to access the site. I have been receiving this error the last couple of days. I had to type this reply by accessing Internet Explorer, which I hate using for various different performance reasons. I am not having any other issues accessing other websites and pages so something screwy seems to be going on... I would certainly like some feedback to fix it if it indeed is a problem on my end.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
I have a different problem, and meant to bring it to Benevolent Dictator's attention.

Football forum bookmark, on Firefox, takes me to the main page. Ditto for "quick link". Using normal link, on front page, works.

Problem does not exist on Opera. Clearing cache, etc., does not remedy the situation. Clearing the cache usually fixes the one you brought up.
Yeah, I think the link to the forum changed or something. If you look the football forum up on google and click the link it takes you to the homepage as well.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

This^

Only thing thing I'm having a problem with is going to the Football board from the home page. If I click the "Football" link it just reloads the home page, but if I use the drop down menu to click the "Football " link, it works.:conf2:

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
It's at least somewhat a cache problem. I had it happen a bit two days ago and quite a bit yesterday myself - also with Chrome, my main browser. I noticed that I wasn't getting it on Firefox or IE on my main system and that I wasn't getting it on any of those three browsers on another system.

So, I wiped Chrome's entire cache/history/cookies/etc. and rebooted the system. Voila, it was gone!

It appears to be something in the browser that's interacting with the server incorrectly, causing some sort of content or refresh error which makes the server return to the browser that error page.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
It's at least somewhat a cache problem. I had it happen a bit two days ago and quite a bit yesterday myself - also with Chrome, my main browser. I noticed that I wasn't getting it on Firefox or IE on my main system and that I wasn't getting it on any of those three browsers on another system.

So, I wiped Chrome's entire cache/history/cookies/etc. and rebooted the system. Voila, it was gone!

It appears to be something in the browser that's interacting with the server incorrectly, causing some sort of content or refresh error which makes the server return to the browser that error page.
I got the same result as I described above with my Nexus 7 on Chrome...or maybe it was Taptalk, I don't recall.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I use Firefox and have the football page bookmarked and have never had a problem coming here. I do get the gateway error message occasionally, though.

thefloydian

Suspended
Oct 28, 2012
Which link does your bookmark point to? I just tried it in firefox, which I never use, and got the same result as I do with chrome.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
A cache cleanout should take care of it. My Firefox browser changed the bookmark to news. tidefans.com, instead of tidefans.com/forums/football, along with giving me the gateway 504 error. I created a new bookmark and deleted the old one. No problems since.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Yeah, I am getting it when I use my normal browser - Google Chrome - to access the site. I have been receiving this error the last couple of days. I had to type this reply by accessing Internet Explorer, which I hate using for various different performance reasons. I am not having any other issues accessing other websites and pages so something screwy seems to be going on... I would certainly like some feedback to fix it if it indeed is a problem on my end.
I am getting the exact same behavior. Resorted to Firefox to type this. I am having an issue with tapatalk as well. It can see the thread titles but cannot ever display the thread. This is the same thing that happens in chrome, I can get to the main forum, and the sub forums (such as football, recrutiing) but when I click on a topic in the forum I get the 502 in chrome.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
A cache cleanout should take care of it. My Firefox browser changed the bookmark to news. tidefans.com, instead of tidefans.com/forums/football, along with giving me the gateway 504 error. I created a new bookmark and deleted the old one. No problems since.
It looks like this may have helped the issue. I cleared the cache and am now having much better luck with Chrome. That isn't to say I am willing to say this is fixed completely, as before I have been occasionally able to access threads from Chrome after receiving the 502 but it definitely has seemed to help.

Thanks.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I've gotten the error from time to time, but clearing the cache seems to cure it. We'll let this thread run a while to see how many have the problem...

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Guess you are luckier than I am. My bookmark is correct, and changing it does nothing.

If you look closely, some of the links give the actual forum number. Those seem to work. The ones without don't.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.