Good article on Tana Patrick

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
In a world of so many prima donnas, it's nice to read about someone who keeps their head down (while keeping it up), puts in all of their effort, and had a good attitude about their situation even when it may not be going as they had previously planned.

I'm sure that when Tana was being recruited he was envisioning himself as a college football star and a first-round NFL Draft Pick. And I'm sure he envisioned at least that first part happening before his fifth year in college. That may yet happen in his final year and I hope it does. However, if it doesn't, he seems to have his head screwed on straight about it and looks prepared to do just fine even without an NFL career, if that's the hand he's dealt.

Not only has he put in his time and effort on the field, he's done it in the classroom with a clear vision of what his life can be without football - rather than wasting that opportunity like so many players have in the past.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Good read. I know he'll have tough guys ahead of him in CJ and Trey, but if he keeps it up, it sounds like he could see significant time.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I can't get the link to work. I'll send it to the auburn fans I know they constantly shove him in my face as a player who just burns out at Alabama and could've been a star at Auburn. I just laugh and walk away.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Good for Tana and best wishes for a successful career in whatever field he decides to ply his trade on. Right now I guess the least I want for him is to leave Bama with that fourth NC ring. He would be in a class of his own (along with any other 5th year players) that may never be matched again. Way to hang in there, Tana! Your contribution to Bama's success, and the education you received will always be evident in your demeanor and attitude. You deserve an extra special place in Bama lore. Maybe an A-day award will be created in your honor.
Roll Tide!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Great when a back up player gets some attention. I remember the excitement around Bridgeport and Stevenson when he announced for Alabama. Great family. I would definitely try out the barbeque also.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It takes players like this to win championships. He's going to contribute next year either way, even if he's not a starter. I appreciate his contributions and hope he gets that fourth ring.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.