Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

The latest excuse for losing to Bama

2009 - If only Colt hadn't gotten hurt
    2011 - If only Les Miles weren't an idiot
    2012 - If only Manti Te'o's girlfriend were real
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

2. Advertisement

Re: The latest excuse for losing to Bama

Since it's offseason, I'll let this ride...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I wouldn't.......... But that's just me.

RTR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This thread may get interesting now that Skip Bayless apparently made the case the fake g/f distracted Teo (and I guess their entire defense) from the game.

Excuses are like you know what; everyone has them and they all stink. We have the trophies in Tuscaloosa, so I'll let them whine until the end of days because it won't change who actually won.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The latest excuse for losing to Bama

Quote Originally Posted by jps1983 View Post
    This thread may get interesting now that Skip Bayless apparently made the case the fake g/f distracted Teo (and I guess their entire defense) from the game.

Excuses are like you know what; everyone has them and they all stink. We have the trophies in Tuscaloosa, so I'll let them whine until the end of days because it won't change who actually won.
    You know what distracted Te'o? Chance Warmack and Jesse Williams...

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

You know, as I think about, this puts Brian Kelly's halftime comments ("If they don't show up...") in much clearer context.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

If you lurk on some of the Texas boards they're still sulking about the Colt injury. Some of them probably would blame LSU's loss last year and ND's loss this year on Colt's injury.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Excuses, excuses. I don't care what they say. The bottom line is...#15 is in the bag. I don't recall too many excuses when Bama lost to A&M (beat up, emotionally drained after LSU), but by and large, we took it as A&M beat us. Sure, Bama had the chance at the end, but either you do, or you don't. Do like CNS AND Bama did, take it like a champion and take care of business the rest of the season. Bama didn't whine and gripe about the loss. CNS worked his 'magic' on them and they focused and things fell into place and here we are...AGAIN! The 70's were great, but this is phenomenal. Remember 'Steely Dan', they got a name for the winners in the world, and 'Crimson Tide' is one of them.
    Roll, Saban Tsunami, Roll!

Strange that the hoax or possible exposure of the hoax affected Teo's play in the BCSCG so adversely when the deaths of his loved ones didn't in earlier games.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team

The flip side is---Maybe Alabama took it easy on Manti Tao and Notre Dame because of the tragic death of his girlfriend.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gr8hope View Post
    Strange that the hoax or possible exposure of the hoax affected Teo's play in the BCSCG so adversely when the deaths of his loved ones didn't in earlier games.
    Exactly. That is where the excuse gets revoked.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Well, one thing we know for sure is that Alabama can recover better from a real killer tornado than ND can from a non-existent GF.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

To paraphrase the Stones: Manti couldn't get no (virtual) satisfaction.