Bryant-Denny looking like Lambeau Field...

Jordan54

1st Team
Aug 20, 2007
Gardendale, Al
I'm 56, but after looking at the snow in Bryant Denny Stadium, is anybody up for a game in the snow? How much fun would that be?

Does anyone remember the January snow of 1977? Shut the campus down for 2 days. What a party.

Last edited:

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm 56, but after looking at the snow in Bryant Denny Stadium, is anybody up for a game in the snow? How much fun would that be?

Does anyone remember the January snow of 1977? Shut the campus down for 2 days. What a party.
Even though I graduated in 76 I was still there. We pulled people on makeshift sleds all over the place.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I was a senior then. They had to warn people driving on campus to be sure to lock their car doors since people were pulling them open and throwing snowballs in the cars.
In my 6+ years, we only had one significant snowfall, 1962, I think. It was around 4-5". BTW, are you being able to access without problems?

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
oh man that brings back some memories. the '92 and '93 snow storms and subsequent quad snowball fights that continued through the night on the strip were epic.
yup, 1993 was a blast went a bought a Keg that morning "just in case" was a great decision. Probably participated in that snowball fight on the quad the memory is a bit hazy....

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
In my 6+ years, we only had one significant snowfall, 1962, I think. It was around 4-5". BTW, are you being able to access without problems?
Thanks, things seem to be straight now. I had to delete Tapatalk and reinstall it to get away from the blank threads someone reported in the thread on the problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
The 1977 snow stayed for a couple of days. They even had flurries in the Miami area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
January 19th... or at least that's when it hit Tampa. I had just turned five and that was the first time I'd ever seen snow.

Y'all think snow cripples cities like Birmingham and Atlanta? I heard that there wasn't a single overpass in the city of Tampa that didn't have an accident on it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
January 19th... or at least that's when it hit Tampa. I had just turned five and that was the first time I'd ever seen snow.

Y'all think snow cripples cities like Birmingham and Atlanta? I heard that there wasn't a single overpass in the city of Tampa that didn't have an accident on it.
There were folks stuck on I-65 between mile 112 and 118 for eight hours today. Around 10:00, traffic was starting to creep again...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.