Kirby Smart Reportedly Interviewing With Philadelphia Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
The site wouldn't allow me to share my opinion if him, though I stand by it.
Just curious but other than the few snippets of game footage we as fans get to watch of many SEC DC's...how have you formed your opinion of him? Do you know him? Do you know others who know him?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
It seems like Coach has done a very good job hiring the OC's lately, so I don't think it would be a problem hiring a DC.

How about the UGA DC? Offer him $more$ than UGA! Isn't that what UGA tried to do to get Smart a few years ago. Isn't that why Smart has a million dollar ($900,000+) salary? If we don't get UGA"s DC, Grantham isn't it, we will get him a much higher salary at UGA.
grantham has yet to put a decent d on the field at uga despite having an embarrassment of riches on that side of the ball

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Ive been out of pocket and dont care to hash the whole thread. So how hot is the kirby story is he going or staying or trying to get a raise. Keep Kirby what ever it takes.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
it wasn't so much a lack of personnel as a lack of fundamental skills. they tackle poorly and play very undisciplined.
Yes that too. But remember a lot of those guys were there long before Grantham and had plenty of sub par coaching and were never recruited to play that defense. Let me put it this way, I think he is the best coach on that staff.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Just curious but other than the few snippets of game footage we as fans get to watch of many SEC DC's...how have you formed your opinion of him? Do you know him? Do you know others who know him?
My opinion is formed on the way his actions on the sidelines at games, the choking sign to opposing players and not fond of his antics after losses, he's a sore loser. I dont know or care about anything else. My opinion is my own and shared by some. If you know him, have met him, share my thoughts with him please. I imagine he cares about what I think as little as I care what anyone else does.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
You definitely have a point there. He has had to "adjust" to remember he is around college kids now, not professionals. He was a lot better this season.
I suppose thats true too, but a guy who loses presence of mind when TV cameras are on, may not be the guy that fits this program specifically. Either way, Lets hope we never have to find out and that KS sticks around.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
My opinion is formed on the way his actions on the sidelines at games, the choking sign to opposing players and not fond of his antics after losses, he's a sore loser. I dont know or care about anything else. My opinion is my own and shared by some. If you know him, have met him, share my thoughts with him please. I imagine he cares about what I think as little as I care what anyone else does.
Never met the guy and honestly have no clue who he is. I was simply just wondering why you felt the way you did. Sorry I offended you...

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
The Eagles just hired Chip Kelly, and I assume he will bring his offense with him to Philadelphia. How well do y'all think Coach Smart's defense would work aside Coach Kelly's offense? It seems to me that the two systems would conflict.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
The Eagles just hired Chip Kelly, and I assume he will bring his offense with him to Philadelphia. How well do y'all think Coach Smart's defense would work aside Coach Kelly's offense? It seems to me that the two systems would conflict.
How do a prolific offense and a shut-defense, on the same team, conflict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
How do a prolific offense and a shut-defense, on the same team, conflict?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because the spread offense makes a living with a high tempo game that gives the defense little time to rest. That is your own defense has little time to rest. A big 3-4 defense is typically matched with a ball control offense that gives the defense can rest. I would find it hard to match the two together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.