Kirby Smart Reportedly Interviewing With Philadelphia Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Because the spread offense makes a living with a high tempo game that gives the defense little time to rest. That is your own defense has little time to rest. A big 3-4 defense is typically matched with a ball control offense that gives the defense can rest. I would find it hard to match the two together.

You are correct, about the NFL anyways. It could be done in college because you have 85 scholarship athletes, plus any non-scholarship players... The NFL only allows for a 56 man roster, thus you can't substitute they way you do in college. The defense would start well, but by the fourth quarter they'd be dogged. The best defense you can hope for with such an up tempo offense in the NFL is to save money by not spending on top tier defenders, but stockpile lots of interchangeable players with lower contracts. That way you can rotate as much as possible, and hope you out score the other team...

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
I'll be glad when the talk of our coaches going elsewhere is finally over for the season. Just saw Coach KS in the parade today with his children and was content thinking how he was not going anywhere. Now, I come home and see this thread. Hope he stays!

M2J

All-American
Jan 28, 2007
Honestly, if I were him I'd think about taking it. It's a clear promotion, and not only that, but that level of experience could do nothing but help him grow as a coach.

However, I do feel that we'd have a chance to get him back sooner rather than later. I think the Chip Kelly experiment will be over with within 4 years. NFL really does fit the Not For Long label. I mean coaches like Caldwell and Lovie Smith and Andy Reid get canned, after being coaches that have probably provided those franchises some of the most positive and memorable seasons in their history. Oh, and Brian Billick can barely get an interview.

I'm sure Kelly thinks he's going to change the way the pros think. But so have a lot of coaches before they got canned.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
He's actively involved in recruiting and there are pix of him with recruits on another site. I think we can put this to bed for now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.