Brady Barking Alabama in his snap count

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
I know this is later in the week and excuse me if this has been brought up but it was cool to hear Tom Brady of the Patriots calling out Alabama in his snap count this past weekend. Belichick paying homage to his friend Saban. Pretty cool.:BigA::smile::BigA:

gmart74

Hall of Fame
Oct 9, 2005
Baltimore, Md
I also hear various teams call out "Tampa>" I am assuming that they are identifying a type of defensive formation. I just wonder what specific blitz or formation they have associated with us. I'd love to hear them say "Roll Tide." :cool:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is probably a blitz pickup call since it is repeated by the center every time that I hear him call it. I think he is calling an A gap blitz. A for Alabama.

Last edited:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Alabama actually can mean a couple of things from what I've gathered. It mostly has to do with the blocking assignments on the offensive line, as B1GTide pointed out.

It's also tied into the snap count. Alabama, from what one analyst said, means a count of one.
I'm guessing that it also changes from game to game or else it would tip off the defense.

Regardless - GO RAVENS!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.