Who's going to be our kicker next year?

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
With Jeremy Shelley leaving who's going to be our go-to guy for FG's and extra points this year? I know Foster has been our "long man" but what about that kid that everyone was so high on in last years draft class? (Adam Griffith?). I'm going to hate seeing Shelley leave, he was perfect on all his kicks this year after all.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
I'd like to see Foster get a real shot at being "the man" for all the FGs and PATs. However, I've got a sneaking suspicion that we'll see the two splitting time in the various kicking duties with Foster handling kickoffs and Griffith handling most of the PATs and FGs except when Coach thinks Foster's experience will come in handy.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I agree. Don't expect us to mess with success. Doing it this way, we will give Griffith game experience, then in case we need him, we will have an experienced kicker to plug in as a fulltime kicker.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I'd like to see Foster get a real shot at being "the man" for all the FGs and PATs. However, I've got a sneaking suspicion that we'll see the two splitting time in the various kicking duties with Foster handling kickoffs and Griffith handling most of the PATs and FGs except when Coach thinks Foster's experience will come in handy.
I'd like to see Foster get the opportunity as well. I think he could build some confidence if he had some short field goals mixed in with the long attempts.

But I agree that split duties will probably remain the norm, unless an incoming kicker just blows everyone else out of the water.

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
With Jeremy Shelley leaving who's going to be our go-to guy for FG's and extra points this year? I know Foster has been our "long man" but what about that kid that everyone was so high on in last years draft class? (Adam Griffith?). I'm going to hate seeing Shelley leave, he was perfect on all his kicks this year after all.
Not sure if that was intentional but that is funny!

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
Not sure if that was intentional but that is funny!
Did I miss something? Lol.

Thanks for the reply's guys.. I've been a long-time reader first-time poster! I enjoyed watching Shelley this year.. It's impressive how "automatic" he was this year. I had only watched highlights of Griffith thus wondering if any of you had seen him in practice or warm-ups.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
On a side note, I didn't realize that Shelley changed his number this season to 5. Which was based on the BCS game last year.

At least Brent had one good piece of info during the game.

Do we have Mandell another year? He is a reliable punter.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I think you are right. Saban likes the "specialization" aspect of his kickers. I think he views that if you have the resources, as we have had, and can allow a player to focus on a certain aspect of the game more than another, than you are foolish not to tap into that resource and use it!

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
Did I miss something? Lol.

Thanks for the reply's guys.. I've been a long-time reader first-time poster! I enjoyed watching Shelley this year.. It's impressive how "automatic" he was this year. I had only watched highlights of Griffith thus wondering if any of you had seen him in practice or warm-ups.
I was referring to the "draft" class. Some may dispute it but Bama doesn't actually "draft" players...

Zack

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 30, 2012
I was referring to the "draft" class. Some may dispute it but Bama doesn't actually "draft" players...
Haha. Didn't even catch that after looking at it twice! Meant recruiting class obviously, but got a little mixed up googling Shelley's NFL Draft profile! Haha. Nice catch!

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
He said "Long Man" He, he, TGIF

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Not even close. That Griffith kid is a freak. I saw him kick in HS and during warm ups in the GA dome for the SECCG. I think he could hit them from 60, no problem.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.