Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Infographic on just how dominant Alabama was against Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'd say that at least 90% of spelling errors and grammar errors in thread titles are not because the poster didn't know better. They are because of haste in posting and failure to proofread...
    I 100$ aggre%

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    Just between you and I, it makes me crazy when I don't know where to put the comma at.

The above sentence has my two biggest grammatical pet peeves.
    I am surprised someone hasn't already told you where to put the comma. It's probably just a matter of time.

Well, I had two older brothers who were CPAs and I went to work in one of their offices at 15. I went through Bama with an accounting major, working for the University Auditor, accountant for Northington Laundry, and for Jamison, Money, McWhorter and Farmer - but I didn't really want to become an accountant, so I went to law school. The last two years of law school, I worked half time for the AL Dept of Revenue as an income tax auditor. Finishing law school, I thought it would be a shame to waste all the accounting background, so I went to NYU and got an LLM in Taxation. That's the story...
    if you were at northington you probably worked with/knew my grandfather. he worked there for what seemed like forever.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    if you were at northington you probably worked with/knew my grandfather. he worked there for what seemed like forever.
    Actually, I lived in Northington, but, as the house accountant, I seldom really visited the laundry. I worked downtown at Jamison, Money. The funny thing was that I was so fed up with accounting (not to mention the UA bureaucracy), I went to Northington looking for a counter job. I interviewed with Mrs. Barrett (Col. Barrett's wife, who really ran the place). She told me that countermen were a dime a dozen, but she knew I was a trained accountant and they needed one. I couldn't figure it out for years, since I'd not put down the UA Auditor as a reference, bu there must have been some cross-connection. I had gone out at the Auditor's office with a flourish, leaving behind a ten-page treatise on what was wrong with the financial part of the administration. I found out later that they'd actually printed it up and used it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Actually, I lived in Northington, but, as the house accountant, I seldom really visited the laundry. I worked downtown at Jamison, Money. The funny thing was that I was so fed up with accounting (not to mention the UA bureaucracy), I went to Northington looking for a counter job. I interviewed with Mrs. Barrett (Col. Barrett's wife, who really ran the place). She told me that countermen were a dime a dozen, but she knew I was a trained accountant and they needed one. I couldn't figure it out for years, since I'd not put down the UA Auditor as a reference, bu there must have been some cross-connection. I had gone out at the Auditor's office with a flourish, leaving behind a ten-page treatise on what was wrong with the financial part of the administration. I found out later that they'd actually printed it up and used it...
    my granddad did a lot of the pick-up business and spent a lot of time on campus. i still remember getting to play in their van as a little kid. he worked there until he was 90 or so (he lived to be 102)

ah, the joys of leaving with a bang when you know what's really happening.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they dont have to worry about the answers.

Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dvldog View Post
    I am surprised someone hasn't already told you where to put the comma. It's probably just a matter of time.
    Oh, believe me, I know. It makes me crazy when others don't. Hahaha
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

Oh, believe me, I know. It makes me crazy when others don't. Hahaha
    Well, as I said way back, I'm not concerned with errors in posts. The only times I correct spelling grammar are in thread titles, because it reflects on the site, whether the TS realizes it or not...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team RkyMtnTide's Avatar
    Between the A and the T, of course!
    Just between you and I, it makes me crazy when I don't know where to put the comma at.

The above sentence has my two biggest grammatical pet peeves.
    Last edited by RkyMtnTide; January 22nd, 2013 at 02:03 PM.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Infographic on just how dominant Alabama was against Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    He prefers Offense to Defense..........
    Well said. Haha

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RkyMtnTide View Post
    Between the A and the T, of course!
    This is what I tell my students. The first few times they look at me like I've lost my mind, but eventually they catch on and start saying it too.
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

What were we suppose to be talking about again? (Thread topic reminder)