Any Bourbon Connoisseurs

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
Over the past year or so I was introduced to bourbon. A friend (Kentuckian) has helped me with my collection and understanding of the spirit. I have a decent collection of my favorites in which are affordable. Are there any fellow tidefans that have a favorite or a brand they enjoy more than others.

Here are the ones I have in my collection
Knob Creek 9 year - favorite
Elijah Craig 12 year - close second
Woodford Reserve 7 year - day to day choice
Four Roses small batch - Very good
Makers Mark 46 - when company comes
Angel's Envy - Newer brand that is good but not aged as long
Van Winkle 20 year - Special Occasions

Any suggestions for $80 or under
Basil Hayden is the best under $80

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I've been into the Four Roses Single Barrel lately. I picked up a bottle of Elijah Craig 12 and a Bulleit 10 yr last trip to the store. I've got my eye on some Old Medley 12. Anyone tried that one? It gets pretty good reviews.

I think I'm going to have to start hoarding due to the upcoming shortage. Stupid Chinese screw up everything. Next yr I'm on a mission to get as much WL Weller 12 as I can find when it hits ATL.

Last edited:

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Found a couple of bottles of WL Weller 12yr today. Took me about a week to find a store that wasn't sold out. Hopefully I will get to enjoy that as a celebration drink on 1/1.

UPDATE: Don't let the plastic screw top fool you. This WL Weller 12 is SMOOOOOTH. I think I'm now a wheated bourbon convert. Best $27 buy ever. I'm going back tomorrow and buying the last 3 bottles if it is still there.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.