Question: Is Fluker not projected as a top 5 tackle?

TidePride50

3rd Team
Jan 16, 2010
Oh I think he has improved dramatically over the years in pass blocking. He was solid this season. I think a lot of the question marks come from early in his career.

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
walterfootball.com is a good site with draft projections. DJ will go high, but it won't neccessarily be with the idea that he will play Left Tackle. Left Tackle is the money position.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
he is also still developing his craft as an offensive tackle. it's not like he came up through high school at that position. imagine him with a couple years in the NFL under his belt with a good offensive line coach. like others have said, i wouldnt be at all surprised to see someone take him 1st round.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think he's upped his pass-blocking skill level enough that he'll be a RT at the next level. In fact, he probably would be at LT for us, if CK weren't ahead of him...

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
His wingspan relative to height is freakish. Dj is one of my favorite players cause he would always get excited and he's so huge everything he does looks funny. Our last running td in the sec champ game he did a little jig I'll never forget.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Fluker has the rep of being more of a run blocker than a pass blocker, which will hurt him as a tackle in the pass happy NFL. He has the size, strength, and mobility to be a great offensive lineman for a really long time, but he won't be taken in the 1st because of this.
this will hurt him, but its still VERY possible a team picks him up in the 1st from his potential. He wasnt that bad at pass blocking, just not as polished at it... and has has tremendous upside.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
this will hurt him, but its still VERY possible a team picks him up in the 1st from his potential. He wasnt that bad at pass blocking, just not as polished at it... and has has tremendous upside.
I think he will go 1st round if he does well at the combine and others. DJ has long arms and is as big/strong as you can get and is a hard worker.

I think DJ may be the most dominant OT we have ever had at Bama.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
I think he will go 1st round if he does well at the combine and others. DJ has long arms and is as big/strong as you can get and is a hard worker.

I think DJ may be the most dominant OT we have ever had at Bama.
Not to mention a great character kid!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.