Question: Is Fluker not projected as a top 5 tackle?

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
In the ESPN bottomline when they showed the top 5 tackles he was not listed. So where is he going in the draft? He is a Bama boy so I want him to go as high as possible. Will there be so many tackles drafted that he could still go in the first round?:BigA::BigA::BigA:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Fluker improved tremendously this season. He got much better in pass pro. With his size and attitude, if he isn't taken in round 1, someone got a steal IMHO.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Fluker has the rep of being more of a run blocker than a pass blocker, which will hurt him as a tackle in the pass happy NFL. He has the size, strength, and mobility to be a great offensive lineman for a really long time, but he won't be taken in the 1st because of this.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Fluker is going to move up the list of Tackles quickly when the combines start. I think he may be as high as the 2nd maybe 3rd OT to get his name called. He wont make it out of the first round either way.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
I think he made progress as the year went on in terms of his pass blocking. Run blocking is still his strong suit but there will be concerns about his pass blocking. Love the big guy and will miss him but I'm just saying the pass blocking issue will be a concern for most NFL GM types. I'll be surprised if he's a 1st rounder. I think 2nd round is more likely. He's still going to be a wealthy young man this Spring.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
his weaknesses at pass blocking are a bit exaggerated, there were a few times blitzes got free on the right side, weren't always his fault. He handled LSU's d line pretty well. Run blocking is obviously his strong suit but to hear some people talk he never blocked a pass rusher in his life, which is ridiculous considering how much time AJ had in the pocket at times this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.