Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Interesting article on former barner Westerman

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    You all call me when API is at a press conference stating they are being penalitizied.

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

If that don't get ya then you ain't getting got.

Their lawyers earn every penny.

Well stated.

The barner position is that the whole "investigaton thing" is cooked up by ...... median and Pete Thamel who has an ax to grind with the barn since the whole jet gate fiasco. They claim he was lied to about the story and sisn't get to break it so he is getting his pound of flesh. I know this sounds crazy, but I swear it was told to me from a barner just this way. His "source" is a friend who works in the athletic department down there. Even crazier is that the guy does actually work in the AD. I think he is basically a flunkie, but this drivel comes from inside the AD. Along with the "documented proof" that Saban pays players, recruits get chargers, Saban processes out players and on and on and on. Truly incredible is barner logic.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

You all call me when API is at a press conference stating they are being penalitizied.

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

When Chicklets mouthed off at a presser about Scamgate being over before the NCAA said it was over, I think the NCAA finally had its fill. With the powers they do have, I don't think an army of lawyers will protect the barn this time. As we all know, when the Evil Eye of the Dark Lord falls on your school, it's all over but the cryin'. The reason, IMO. they passed all these new "un" regulations is to allow more investigators to dig in the pasture. And we all know what's in the pasture. I do not see them skating this time.

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Have any of *uburn's former coaches been hired anywhere else?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    Have any of *uburn's former coaches been hired anywhere else?
    Yeah, there was an article about it last week on al.com. I think 2 of them landed at VT and I think 1 landed at UT, Luper is at A&M now. Best I remember, the only 2 that havent found work yet are Trooper and Chiz.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

Lord that is the truth!
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

I recently found that I was going to have to deal with on of their principals as the successor Personal Representative in a long running estate dispute. I thought OMG, this isn't their expertise. Surely they have something more remunerative to do...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    Twisted on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I recently found that I was going to have to deal with on of their principals as the successor Personal Representative in a long running estate dispute. I thought OMG, this isn't their expertise. Surely they have something more remunerative to do...
    Yeah , like feeding the chickens !

FB | REC Moderator

Obviously I'm no AU apologist, but I think this is all laughable.

"Back at Auburn, he was just another kid, another player."
    Well, exactly what was he supposed to be? Worshipped like a god? He was another player, and he was treated just like ... another player. What is the problem with that? Guess he didn't get singled enough for special attention. Life is hard like that sometimes.

"The [Westerman] family also disliked the loose culture that had developed under [former Arizona State head coach Dennis] Erickson."
    Oh, you disliked the "loose culture" at Arizona State, did you? So that is why you signed with Gene Chizik's Auburn over Mack Brown's Texas, correct? Makes so much sense now.

"The other big factor was the fact that under Todd Graham, he's really seen the improvement of the ASU program. The program's really moving in a very positive direction."
    The guy who views a one-night-stand as a long-term commitment takes a 6-6 team and goes 7-5 and that is considering moving in a very positive direction? If that is the metric of measurement, then only about, oh, 60 teams in the country last year really took a step in a "very positive direction."

Bottom line, this guy was a tool when he was being recruited and it sounds like he still is a couple of years later. He wanted a lax program that would lavish attention on him and let him start from day one, which is why he signed with Auburn over Texas. And when he didn't get what he wanted -- and when it turned out that he wasn't really much of a player -- he got out as quickly as he could, and now he's just slinging some mud to justify the move and hopefully persuade the NCAA to let him play right away. I've got no sympathy for him. It was recruiting clowns like this that brought about the downfall of Chizik in the first place.
    Last edited by BigEasyTider; January 22nd, 2013 at 10:04 AM.