Link: Interesting article on former barner Westerman

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
I just heard about this...no wonder their top recruiting class turned out so well.

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Interesting. I remember this kid as being big time and never understood him going to Auburn. I kind of doubt that the NCAA will let him transfer to ASU and not sit a year for the simple reason, Auburn has been formally charged yet with any penalties/infractions. Do I believe Auburn was (and probably still is) cheating? Absolutely. Problem is, the NCAA has to actually make the accusation. That hasn't happened yet.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
This is really poor journalism. The writer clearly did not discover that everyone is all in at Auburn, and their new coach will provide an endless stream of wins and high draft picks and rainbows and unicorns. Where is that side of the balanced view ? Clearly this "journalist" didn't even bother talking to any of the psychotic Barners.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guess I'm just cynical, but I suspect the family is simply using the 'NCAA investigation' to leverage the NCAA into allowing him to transfer without penalty - I don't have any reason to believe they're concerned about it one bit.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
"It's a great thing, I think, for Christian to be back in his home environment," Westerman Sr. said. "And I think it will be great for him to be with a team that's on the rise."

Ouch! That's gonna leave a mark.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
You all call me when API is at a press conference stating they are being penalitizied.

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

If that don't get ya then you ain't getting got.

Their lawyers earn every penny.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.
You all call me when API is at a press conference stating they are being penalitizied.

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

Well stated.

The barner position is that the whole "investigaton thing" is cooked up by ...... median and Pete Thamel who has an ax to grind with the barn since the whole jet gate fiasco. They claim he was lied to about the story and sisn't get to break it so he is getting his pound of flesh. I know this sounds crazy, but I swear it was told to me from a barner just this way. His "source" is a friend who works in the athletic department down there. Even crazier is that the guy does actually work in the AD. I think he is basically a flunkie, but this drivel comes from inside the AD. Along with the "documented proof" that Saban pays players, recruits get chargers, Saban processes out players and on and on and on. Truly incredible is barner logic.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

When Chicklets mouthed off at a presser about Scamgate being over before the NCAA said it was over, I think the NCAA finally had its fill. With the powers they do have, I don't think an army of lawyers will protect the barn this time. As we all know, when the Evil Eye of the Dark Lord falls on your school, it's all over but the cryin'. The reason, IMO. they passed all these new "un" regulations is to allow more investigators to dig in the pasture. And we all know what's in the pasture. I do not see them skating this time.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Have any of *uburn's former coaches been hired anywhere else?
Yeah, there was an article about it last week on al.com. I think 2 of them landed at VT and I think 1 landed at UT, Luper is at A&M now. Best I remember, the only 2 that havent found work yet are Trooper and Chiz.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

Lord that is the truth! :biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

With the HBO 4

The Felony 4

Michael Dyer

And for sure Scam Newton

I recently found that I was going to have to deal with on of their principals as the successor Personal Representative in a long running estate dispute. I thought OMG, this isn't their expertise. Surely they have something more remunerative to do...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.