OL Bradley Bozeman will greyshirt

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Wasn't sure if I should make a new thread, but Andrew Bone just tweeted that one of our recruits will grey shirt with an accompanying story... Anyone a subscriber?

CrimsonPride25

1st Team
Jul 25, 2012
Mobile, Al
Re: Early Enrollees On Campus

Saw that tweet as well. I'm not a subscriber but that possibly means we will have 6 spots to fill now? Could be a sign we might pick up a guy we weren't expecting...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Saw that tweet as well. I'm not a subscriber but that possibly means we will have 6 spots to fill now? Could be a sign we might pick up a guy we weren't expecting...
I'm going to comb through the list, and do some speculating until someone passes on the info...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

Think this is in relation to opening another spot? With the way surgery has gone, and with him not being an EE he could have been back by fall to practice. I would think that the staff has a deliberate reason for this... Any thoughts?

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Think this is in relation to opening another spot? With the way surgery has gone, and with him not being an EE he could have been back by fall to practice. I would think that the staff has a deliberate reason for this... Any thoughts?
Rehab, plus gives us a spot.....

MDB1981

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 29, 2010
Nectar, al
If he wants to go to school, yes.....but he can show up Jan 2014 and be paid for
Wouldnt he only pay for the 2013 fall semester, and then his scholarship would start in January 2014. At that point he would still have 5 years to play 4, plus be able to participate in spring 2014 practice before his first fall with the team, which would be fall 2014.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
This is an example of greyshirting making sense for everyone involved. Why would he want to start his eligibility clock right away if there is any doubt in terms of him being 100%?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Does this mean Bozeman has to pay for the first year himself now?
If he starts at ua, or any school for that matter, the fall his eligibility would as well. As soon as you enroll your 5 to play 4 begin. He will likely spend the fall rehabbing, working or just doing whatever he wants except enrolling in school. That's the difference in a gray shirt and redshirt enrollment must be delayed to prevent eligiblity clock from ticking effectively giving him 6 to play 4 if he also uses a redshirt.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
This is an example of greyshirting making sense for everyone involved. Why would he want to start his eligibility clock right away if there is any doubt in terms of him being 100%?
No no no. This is CNS once again manipulating they system and breaking his word to a young man...

This is said in total jest. Remember all the articles and crud about situations like this and medical issues? Seems like they are doing the best they can by the young man.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
This is absolutely in the kids best interest and I got no problem. What would be best for CNS would be to turn him into the heard now to keep a closer eye on him til he's ready to go.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
greyshirting makes since for players who suffered serious knee injuries in their senior year. It's usually 18 to 24 months to not only rehab the knee but get the leg strength back to what it was before. I'm a big believer in first impressions. Although late blomers get a chance as well, your best chance at success in any organization is to make a big impression right out of the gate. If I'm a player I want the coaches to think from day one "future starter" not "I wonder how the knee is doing".

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.