LSU Fan Reactions When Yeldon Scored

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
Collective face palm. Thanks for sharing again. Just another majic moment from the season.

Had a UGA fan tell me again the other day... one more play. 5 more seconds...

I just commented that it was my understanding that all agreed to play 60 minutes well before the game started.

We hurt a lot of feelings this year! ROLL TIDE ROLL! Let's hurt some more.
They'll be using the same excuse for their beloved Falcons tomorrow morning at work ;)

IH8Orange

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2000
Trussville, AL, USA
I'm not sure what difference five more seconds would have made. Assuming that they ran the same play and that Moseley tips the ball in the same way, could they really have gotten to the line and gotten off another snap with an additional five seconds? I don't see how they could have.

They would have needed at the minimum another 10 seconds probably.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
I've watched that "last 7 mins." video on youtube of the LSU/BAMA game more than a few times....what a game. It never gets old!

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
I'm not sure what difference five more seconds would have made. Assuming that they ran the same play and that Moseley tips the ball in the same way, could they really have gotten to the line and gotten off another snap with an additional five seconds? I don't see how they could have.

They would have needed at the minimum another 10 seconds probably.
IIRC, I think the actual intent of the play was to either score or get out-of-bounds. Fortunately for us, CJ's long arms and leaping ability foiled their intent.
Roll Tsunami, Roll!

UnNFormedFan

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
Mobile
I always think it is silly when UGA fans say just a few more yards or seconds away. They think they ran out of time.

No they didn't run out of time. Mosley made a great defensive play, which in the end, caused the time to run out.
I don't get what makes them think another 5 seconds would have mattered. They still had to score on our defense.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I don't get what makes them think another 5 seconds would have mattered. They still had to score on our defense.

the 5 seconds is just the most recent version of "the second coming of herschel". uga has a fanbase that is really skilled at taking an immense amount of comfort in almost making it.

Elwood Crimson

1st Team
Jul 27, 2004
If only we had that shot as a panoramic view:

!:smile:! Y:smile:Y !:smile:! Y:smile:Y . . . [:frown:] [:frown:] ?:mad:? [:frown:]

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
To be a fan of any team that we truly love is to ride a roller-coaster of emotion through a game/season. All fans get to taste victory and defeat - though some are more sweet/bitter. For me, the ride is worth it, no matter the outcome.

Each of us has tasted defeat, so understand exactly how those fans felt. We have all been there, and will be again.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
the 5 seconds is just the most recent version of "the second coming of herschel". uga has a fanbase that is really skilled at taking an immense amount of comfort in almost making it.
They also are the most unrealistic fan base of any sports region in the country. They have only won 1 NC in modern times and they really get upset when they don't win it all - which is virtually every season. Who do they think UGA is? Bama?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.