Question: ***DB Eddie Jackson commits to Bama***

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
I am confused and was wondering if someone could help me. Why is this kid listed on here as a defensive back? Eddie Jackson is a wide receiver. Does he play on both sides of the ball or something?

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Saban wants a DB corps as terrifying as our WR corps.
A couple weeks ago before the championship game, Nick Saban said to the media that he was always looking for kids who can cover.

I'll admit I think this is Von Bells spot though.

Eddie Jackson is going to be fun to watch. I bet spring practice is going to be amazing to see what we can put together with all this talent. They'll of course need a couple months with S&C

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
I am confused and was wondering if someone could help me. Why is this kid listed on here as a defensive back? Eddie Jackson is a wide receiver. Does he play on both sides of the ball or something?
yes, but he was recruited as a DB. Don't go by what services have him listed, necessarily.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Re: ATH Eddie Jackson Updates

Eddie Jackson: "It's a dream come true for me"

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466199

"I committed to Alabama," said Jackson. "I felt like I was the most comfortable there. I was comfortable with the coaches and the players. I feel like they will help make me the most successful in life. They will help me become a man.

"It's a real good feeling to be committed to Alabama. I really wasn't trying to get caught up in the name or the hype of them coming off another national championship. I wanted to know everything about them. I wanted to know about the school. I went there and learned about everything."

"They recruited me to play defense," Jackson said. "They recruited me as a cornerback. It's a great feeling. It's great to be able to play for coach Saban. It's a dream come true for me.

"I'll say I can play man coverage really well. My aggressiveness is also a strength. I am very good when I man up on someone. I am aggressive. I feel like I can improve my footwork. I can work on my ball coverage skills. It's good, but it can get better."

Jackson recorded 37 receptions for 778 yards and 12 touchdowns during his senior season. He added six interceptions on defense. He returned two kickoffs and two punts for touchdowns.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Eddie Jackson: "It's a dream come true for me"

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1466199

[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
Looks like Eddie may could be in the rotation for punt and kick-off returns also. 21 yards per catch is not shabby either. Appears to be an electric athlete that was under the radar until recently.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

And to think FIU could have locked this kid down from I hear but they delayed because of concern over grades. Then everybody jumped in with offers. They have got to be kicking themselves about right now.

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

I like what this kid is saying. Wish him the best of luck and look forward to seeing him in Crimson.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Roll Tide Eddie!!! He does remind me a lot of Amari Cooper as a WR. It is good to have a little taller CB again. He reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick as a CB. He looks like he can add weight. If he does, he could move into more of a safety position. Either way, he has some great ball skills. Could be a dangerous returner also.

CrimsonTide13

Suspended
Aug 12, 2011
Huntsville, AL
Roll Tide Eddie!!! He does remind me a lot of Amari Cooper as a WR. It is good to have a little taller CB again. He reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick as a CB. He looks like he can add weight. If he does, he could move into more of a safety position. Either way, he has some great ball skills. Could be a dangerous returner also.
We don't need another safety! ;) I'm not a coach, but I think he will fit right in as a CB. I wish him the best! Haven't had a Jackson at CB since Kareem. Hope he can duplicate!

lorange

1st Team
Jan 21, 2005

And to think FIU could have locked this kid down from I hear but they delayed because of concern over grades. Then everybody jumped in with offers. They have got to be kicking themselves about right now.
I heardit was FSU

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.