Question: ***DB Eddie Jackson commits to Bama***

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: Eddie Jackson

Mentioned in passing in the above article, but it should be highlighted that he is the younger brother of Demar Dorsey. Those who follow recruiting closely will remember Dorsey from about three years back. He was a five-star recruit with a long felony record and academic issues to boot. He signed with Rich Rod at Michigan, but UM wouldn't admit him. He then tried to get in at Louisville, but the Clearinghouse ruled him ineligible.

Obviously Jackson has oodles of talent -- you don't knock around 7A competition in Florida if you don't have the goods -- but academics are going to be an uphill battle here.

The good news is he has already scored an 19 on the ACT, and has a couple of more chances left. Have to check the Sliding Scale again, but even a 2.3 core GPA might be enough to pass muster.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Eddie Jackson

Mentioned in passing in the above article, but it should be highlighted that he is the younger brother of Demar Dorsey. Those who follow recruiting closely will remember Dorsey from about three years back. He was a five-star recruit with a long felony record and academic issues to boot. He signed with Rich Rod at Michigan, but UM wouldn't admit him. He then tried to get in at Louisville, but the Clearinghouse ruled him ineligible.

Obviously Jackson has oodles of talent -- you don't knock around 7A competition in Florida if you don't have the goods -- but academics are going to be an uphill battle here.

The good news is he has already scored an 19 on the ACT, and has a couple of more chances left. Have to check the Sliding Scale again, but even a 2.3 core GPA might be enough to pass muster.
Hopefully he can improve his GPA with another semester left in HS. I don't know much about him or have I seen a lot of video on him but from what I have seen and read he may just be an elite talent (Dre or Milliner talent).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.