Link: Senior Bowl Weigh-In Results

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Interesting on Fluker "only" standing in at just a hair under 6'5, but the redeeming feature he has are the long arms, which were the longest of anyone in Mobile apparently. With his late play against UGA and Notre Dame, he'll be a first round pick somewhere. Probably go around where Kirkpatrick did, maybe a few spots lower. Big dude, but carries the weight really well, not a lot of fat on him.

Nico coming in at 250 was no surprise. We're going to miss him on the running downs next season unless Ragland goes off. We really didn't have a thumper at ILB this season outside of him, and I don't think DePriest can do it either. The run defense will miss him almost as much as they will Jesse Williams.

John Jenkins is fat and lazy and will play in the NFL for years as a run-plugger based on his frame alone. He's Anthony Bryant all over again, really. Talent of a star mixed with the effort of a bum.

E.J. Manuel comes in at 6'4, 237 pounds, big arm, and he'll run a very strong time at the Combine. I know none of the draftnicks have him as a first rounder now, but I doubt that kid makes it through 31 GMs with that kind of physical tool set and doesn't have his name called. With a strong Senior Bowl performance, he'll be a top 15 pick.

T.J. McDonald... haven't heard that name in a while. Remember when he was a five-star cornerback recruit out of Tallahassee in 2008 who picked USC over FSU and 'Bama? Bet he wishes he could have that one back.

McCalebb is basically a dust bunny in football pads, but he'll play in the NFL as a returner.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Look at the difference in hand sizes for E. J. Manual and Tyler Wilson. Tyler does not have a big hand for a QB. That hand size sure makes it easy to toss that football for E. J.

What is A. J.'s hand size?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
It amazes me how much bigger players are these days. The heaviest guy on the '62 Packers, NFL Champions, weighed 260. Mediocre SEC teams would manhandle any roster that size.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
It amazes me how much bigger players are these days. The heaviest guy on the '62 Packers, NFL Champions, weighed 260. Mediocre SEC teams would manhandle any roster that size.
I remember Joe King at Bama...at 6'7" and over 300lbs he was an anomoly on the roster in the late 80's. Now every roster seems to have several that size on it.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I remember Joe King at Bama...at 6'7" and over 300lbs he was an anomoly on the roster in the late 80's. Now every roster seems to have several that size on it.
Joe was a close friend of mine when I was playing there my Freshman year. Joe was all upper body and torso and massive.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Joe certainly looked the part. Such a shame...
Maybe we've discussed this before, but Joe hated playing football. He did it out of fear of his father. Joe really didn't start getting into serious trouble until long after I left. It was his escape and excuse out of football. He really feared his dad if he would've just quit.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Maybe we've discussed this before, but Joe hated playing football. He did it out of fear of his father. Joe really didn't start getting into serious trouble until long after I left. It was his escape and excuse out of football. He really feared his dad if he would've just quit.
I think we have discussed it before. When I said "shame," I wasn't really referred to the troubles he got into in his life - not the loss of a football career...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.