Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Scott Cochran Is Our Unsung Hero

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    He's a very demanding man, both of himself and his staff. His first couple of years, it was almost like being on 24 hour call, but it has backed off that some. Those who stick are tough men. And those who don't think they can don't hire on. He tried to hire Dabo twice before he became HC at Clemson and Dabo was quite frank about why he didn't want to work for Saban...
    I like to hear more about this Earle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ROTYDE View Post
    I like to hear more about this Earle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Well, Dabo said that he wanted to be able to spend at least some time with his family...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Well, Dabo said that he wanted to be able to spend at least some time with his family...
    In his book, "How Good Do You Want To Be" Coach Saban describes the week of his coaches.

During the season they work approximately 100 hours per week.

On Sunday, following the game, they go in at 7 and break down the film. They get off around 6PM I believe because he says, "So they can spend some time with their families".

He's not easy to work for to say the least, but it's a pretty darn good paying job...lol

And let me say this...If I could work coaching football for 100 hours a week, I'd be in heaven on earth.

The key to happiness is doing something you can't wait to wake up and do.

My two cents

sip

BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Scott Cochran's profile

<a href="http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/cochran_scott00.html" target="_blank">

Bio says he is from New Orleans. There are lots of Cochran's in Mississippi. I wonder if his folks are from there.
    Last edited by banjeaux; January 21st, 2013 at 06:37 PM.
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Re: Scott Cochran's profile

Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux View Post
    Bio says he is from New Orleans. There are lots of Cochran's in Mississippi. I wonder if his folks are from there.
    I hear that his brother is a PT here in H'burg fwiw.
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

I think the real unsung hero is Amy Bragg. SC gets plenty of ink. You cannot build all that muscle and cut the fat without the correct fuel. Also, having the correct food at halftime really helps in the second half. What ND accused of PEDs was actually AB.

Quote Originally Posted by BoroBama View Post
    I think the real unsung hero is Amy Bragg. SC gets plenty of ink. You cannot build all that muscle and cut the fat without the correct fuel. Also, having the correct food at halftime really helps in the second half. What ND accused of PEDs was actually AB.
    I noticed that Neuheisel, in his Finebaum interview, said that Bama was going to make the entire college FB world rethink the approach to nutrition and S&C...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When I watch Scott work I'm reminded of an opening line from the old TV show
    The Six Million Dollar Man

'We can build him bigger, we can build him faster'...
    Seems appropriate for the types of players we put on the field.
    Other schools think they match up well with us, till we get on the field.
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 21st, 2013 at 09:50 PM. Reason: format

BamaNation All-SEC BradtheImpaler's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

Ask him what he wants to make annually...

... and then double it.
    "In the second quarter, I saw Torretta look over at me, and he froze for a second. I saw fear."
    John Copeland

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    In his book, "How Good Do You Want To Be" Coach Saban describes the week of his coaches.

During the season they work approximately 100 hours per week.

On Sunday, following the game, they go in at 7 and break down the film. They get off around 6PM I believe because he says, "So they can spend some time with their families".

He's not easy to work for to say the least, but it's a pretty darn good paying job...lol

And let me say this...If I could work coaching football for 100 hours a week, I'd be in heaven on earth.

The key to happiness is doing something you can't wait to wake up and do.

My two cents

sip
    Well they (coaches) are certainly well compensated for their hours. In the grand scheme it's still football and many make money that would make a successful surgeon blush.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

Scott is the greatest, glad we have him.
    Jason Ledhas

I agree totally!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

When Gus hired his S&C coach, Aubs were sending and showing each other a YouTube video of him yelling at the Arky State players. A coworker of mine looked at me and mentioned Cochran. The Aubs looked up a video of him to see what he was like. Their enthusiasm went away after seeing Cochran's video.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!