Scott Cochran Is Our Unsung Hero

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
We all marvel at the size and strength of our players, our ability to wear opponents down and our ability to dominate from a physical perspective.

While it's true that we recruit outstanding prospects with amazing physical ability it's Coach Cochran who takes that raw talent and leads them through a physical conditioning program that elevates these guys into phenomenal specimens.

He's also our designated "rah rah" guy on the sidelines during games and is quite a leader in his own right.

Much like Coach Saban he has a special gift that enables him to make players "buy in" to his weight and conditioning program. He works their tails off, he screams at them, he gets on them, and he pushes and pushes and pushes for them to get better and better.

He is one of the most vital cogs in the success of our program in my opinion and yet he's one of the least mentioned members of Coach Saban's staff.

I just wanted to tip my hat to the guy because there's not a better strength and conditioning coach in the country in my humble opinion.

RTR!

sip

MDBSnare

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2007
Totally agree.....If he wanted a pay raise - give it to him. He is vitally important in our player development; and not just in the physical aspect. One of my all-time favorite coaches!

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL
I hadn't paid much attention to him until the "Blackout-Going to a Funeral" video went viral . I have heard his song sung many times on this board and he deserves every note and verse ! rtr...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
We haven't sang his praises too much on here though and I just thought we should. :)
Agree, but he is probably the best known strength coach in the country. You just can't say enough about the whole staff, each have done an outstanding job. Knowing how CNS wants it done is not an easy assignment I'm sure, but we seem to have coaches of like mind with one purpose. WINNING!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Agree, but he is probably the best known strength coach in the country. You just can't say enough about the whole staff, each have done an outstanding job. Knowing how CNS wants it done is not an easy assignment I'm sure, but we seem to have coaches of like mind with one purpose. WINNING!
He's a very demanding man, both of himself and his staff. His first couple of years, it was almost like being on 24 hour call, but it has backed off that some. Those who stick are tough men. And those who don't think they can don't hire on. He tried to hire Dabo twice before he became HC at Clemson and Dabo was quite frank about why he didn't want to work for Saban...

ROTYDE

All-American
Nov 10, 2003
Muscle Shoals got the Swampers
He's a very demanding man, both of himself and his staff. His first couple of years, it was almost like being on 24 hour call, but it has backed off that some. Those who stick are tough men. And those who don't think they can don't hire on. He tried to hire Dabo twice before he became HC at Clemson and Dabo was quite frank about why he didn't want to work for Saban...
I like to hear more about this Earle!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well, Dabo said that he wanted to be able to spend at least some time with his family...
In his book, "How Good Do You Want To Be" Coach Saban describes the week of his coaches.

During the season they work approximately 100 hours per week.

On Sunday, following the game, they go in at 7 and break down the film. They get off around 6PM I believe because he says, "So they can spend some time with their families".

He's not easy to work for to say the least, but it's a pretty darn good paying job...lol

And let me say this...If I could work coaching football for 100 hours a week, I'd be in heaven on earth.

The key to happiness is doing something you can't wait to wake up and do.

My two cents :)

sip

BoroBama

1st Team
Jun 12, 2008
Re: Scott Cochran's profile

I think the real unsung hero is Amy Bragg. SC gets plenty of ink. You cannot build all that muscle and cut the fat without the correct fuel. Also, having the correct food at halftime really helps in the second half. What ND accused of PEDs was actually AB.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Re: Scott Cochran's profile

I think the real unsung hero is Amy Bragg. SC gets plenty of ink. You cannot build all that muscle and cut the fat without the correct fuel. Also, having the correct food at halftime really helps in the second half. What ND accused of PEDs was actually AB.
I noticed that Neuheisel, in his Finebaum interview, said that Bama was going to make the entire college FB world rethink the approach to nutrition and S&C...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.