Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Latest Bama News 1/22/2013

This is Where the football season never ends! Bama News first, and foremost,
    interesting SEC news, and salient football news:

Order Championship gear.... through TideFans.com, just hit "shop" on the Home Page

Saban: Time better spent on players than recruits-TideSports

An NCAA rule that had placed restrictions on how much text messaging coaches could engage in with recruits has been lifted, giving Nick Saban and other coaches more freedom to make contact with the next big star.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Latest Bama News 1/22/2013

Perhaps the biggest five-star signing Nick Saban reeled in for his football program during the past year came in putting the crimson and white back on Lance Thompson.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

He praises Alabama's player representatives, weighs in on new NCAA legislation and more
    At his annual Senior Bowl practice appearance, Nick Saban draws a crowd (video)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Lingering groin and calf injuries will prevent Fluker from playing, but he left his mark on the Senior Bowl at Monday's weigh-in
    After wowing at weigh-in, D.J. Fluker doesn't participate in Monday's practice, out for Senior Bowl-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Players range from Georgia's John Jenkins (359 pounds) to Auburn's Onterio McCalebb (164 pounds) and from SMU's Margus Hunt (6-foot-8) to Fresno State's Robbie Rouse (5-foot-5).
    Senior Bowl heights, weights from Monday morning weigh-in-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The pass appeared overthrown. But Baylor wide receiver Terrance Williams, sprinting down the sideline, managed to run it down
    Terrance Williams' catch wows NFL scouts (Senior Bowl South Notebook with photos)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The two coaches talked for a while on the sidelines at Senior Bowl practice Monday.
    Alabama coach Nick Saban says Chip Kelly will 'do just fine' in NFL-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Former Miss Alabama USA Katherine Webb, the girlfriend of Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron, has signed a deal to star in a new reality competition show on ABC called "Celebrity Diving," according to a TMZ report with photos of the contestants at the pool. NFL star Ndamukong Suh, basketball Hall of Famer Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, former Cosby Show actor Keshia Knight-Pulliam, Baywatch's Nicole Eggert and others
    Katherine Webb not moving to New York, no DWTS, but a reality show called 'Celebrity Diving?'-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Recruiting continues to roll on towards national signing day while some big basketball news makes headlines around the league. Get the latest from all 14 teams in the conference in our Tuesday morning edition of SEC links.
    What they're saying around the SEC on Tuesday (links)-al.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Robert Lester wants to be known for more than his brain. In a sport that often values brute force and brawn over all else, the former Alabama safety stands apart. He's the right size at 6-foot-1 and 212 pounds, but it's his football intelligence that's on the forefront of many talent evaluators' minds. They see a fifth-year player who started three seasons under the demanding, defensive-minded coach Nick Saban. They see a mind that's ready for the National Football League and question whether the body is equal to the task. "These guys are smart as well," Lester said, surrounded by dozens of future pros at the Senior Bowl in South Alabama on Monday night. "I'm going to have to bring more to the table than just my knowledge."

Lester out to prove he's more than smart-TideNation ESPN

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The University of Alabama has utilized more and more true freshmen each year, and it should be no different with the 2013 class. The Crimson Tide already have 21 commitments, including 10 ranked in the ESPN 150. It also doesnít hurt that nine of them have already enrolled and will compete in spring practice.
    Instant-impact recruits
    RB Derrick Henry: With Eddie Lacy leaving a year early for the NFL, T.J. Yeldon expects to carry the load at running back next year for Alabama. But who will spell him? Both Jalston Fowler and Dee Hart are coming off major knee injuries, and Kenyan Drake will be just a sophomore. After the season Yeldon put together, donít count out another true freshman making an impact in the backfield next year. The Tide expect to sign at least three, possibly four ESPN 150 running backs, but the most physical and ready to play is Henry -- who broke the high school career rushing record. The 6-foot-3, 243-pound could see some time at H-back as well, but expect him to start out as a running back.
    I got this tease off TideNation ESPN, thought this blurb was interesting...the rest is behind a paywall.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Compliments of Dsmithimages.com. Please follow the link to the gallery, showing 140 shots of players, coaches and fans who took part in Saturdayís National Championship Parade and Celebration.
    Pictures from the National Championship Parade and Celebration -ibleedcrimsonred.com