Blog: Latest Bama News 1/22/2013

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
With National Signing Day right around the corner, the experts at Rivals.com have ranked the top 100 football recruits in the class of 2013. For a full list of commitments broken down by team, click here. For an in-depth look at the biggest risers and sliders in this year's crop, click here. For additional analysis on the top prospects, strongest classes and most important stories during the march to National Signing Day on Feb. 6, make sure to check in with SI.com and Rivals.com.

The Rivals100: Class of 2013 recruiting rankings-SI.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Before we start our countdown of the 2012 postseason list of the top 25 players in the SEC, a few reminders are in order.
This list is based solely on performance during the 2012 season, those players who the played the best -- particularly in key games -- and had the most profound impacts on their teams. When it was close, we looked at how players performed against SEC competition. Other factors such as durability, versatility, consistency, leadership and a player’s ability to raise his teammates’ level of play were also considered. This is not a list of the top NFL draft prospects. There will be some players who go in the top two or three rounds of April’s draft that are not in our countdown. Again, our goal was to pick the SEC’s 25 best players from this past season, and we solicited input from coaches, players, analysts and media members from across the league.
Here goes with No. 25. As usual, we’re sure everybody will be in full agreement:

The SEC's 25 best players: No. 25-SEC BLOG ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Foster said that while he's still open to Alabama and Georgia, it's up to both schools to prove to him that they can accommodate his need to spend time with his family, particularly his two-year-old daughter, who all live in Auburn. "I'm a family man," he said. "What Auburn has to provide for me is a family structure. Georgia has to provide the same thing. Alabama has to provide the same thing. "I'm just a family dude and want to stay close to my little girl and my mother and just have a good family and maybe eat my mom's fried chicken every day."[/QUOT

Reuben Foster talks Alabama visit, schedules official visit to Auburn-al.com

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Winning 49 games and three national championships only got Nico Johnsonso far. The former Alabama linebacker enters the thick of Senior Bowl practice this week with plenty of questions about his game. Is he fast enough to play in the NFL? Is he a guy who can stay on the field in running and passing situations? Is it worth it to use a draft pick on him?

Johnson aims to prove he's full-time LB-TideNation ESPN

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Nick Saban and John Calipari couldn't be any more different. Outside of the fact Saban coaches football and Calipari is a basketball coach, the two have very different personalities. Calipari shows about as much emotion when talking to people in a single conversation as Saban does in a year's worth of social gatherings. Calipari is a social butterfly, while Saban speaks softly and keeps things short and simple. Both can be very animated when it's game time and there's no escaping the fact both are big-time winners. While their paths to success might have been different, they are linked by their winning bodies of work. Alex Scarborough of ESPN.com's TideNation takes a closer look at how both coaches [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]are linked by their success[/FONT].

Saban and Calipari are linked by success-SEC BLOG ESPN

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.