Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

He'll be back, trust me on this. It was set before he let the contract expire.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Employees of 97.3 do not know for certain if he'll end up there. I do know some employees are hoping their show doesn't get the boot because of his show moving.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by capnfrog View Post
    What does 'no compete' mean? Finebaum can't be on the radio for 3 months?
    Just in the B'ham market.

Quote Originally Posted by theBIGyowski View Post
    D&B used to be on the "drive home" slot back when they were on the AM JOX station. I have a feeling they will do a great job in that same time slot now. The problem is that we are in the off-season for the majority of listeners in the Birmingham market...so getting good sports talk from now to August is going to be very difficult once we get past NSD.
    Yes they did very well in that slot when Jox was AM, no reason to assume they wont do the same now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama Reb View Post
    I don't look for PF to "find a home" at any other Bham based station. IMO I think he's plateaued in this area career-wise and is probably getting tired of pitting the UA/*U fans against each other. Also, he seems to have been star-struck on his last visit to NYC and is probably chomping at the bit to get back up there.
    I look for him to take his show to a larger market, or at least to an area that will support his burgeoning ego. Problem is, he won't find a market that is as big on football as are the folks in Alabama.
    But who knows? Maybe he'll grow to love basketball and soccer.
    He isn't going anywhere, look for him to stay in the state.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    The Rondtable is moving from 10-2 to 2-6.

His satellite show will also be gone as it was just a mirror of the WJOX show. He has a no-compete for the next 3 months.
    Satellite wouldn't be competition, though.
    RIP Hub

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 230kv_barehand View Post
    Just in the B'ham market.
    So I'll be able to listen when I flip on the Montgomery station.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Only if he moved to Montgomery. He could choose ESPN radio and be played in B'ham, he just can't go to a "local" station like 97.3 and broadcast his show. I doubt he'll be on anywhere the next 3 months if what I heard is true.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Catfish View Post
    I'm not that crazy about Howell, but I'd rather they move him to the midday slot and get rid of that horrific Sports Czars show.
    I only rarely catch the Sports Czars, but I would take them over Howell any day.

They're just a bunch of rednecks talking sports just like every other redneck does and they don't really claim to be anything else.

Howell claims to be something of an expert, and yet he is horribly bad. I've tried to listen when there's a big game coming up, or some sports story is breaking, but I can't do it. He won't go an entire show without making glaring factual errors, often worse than his callers. A week or so ago, he said it was completely against NCAA rules for scholarship athletes to have part time jobs. A caller questioned him and he repeated his assertion. He was so sure, I had to google it when I got home to make sure I hadn't missed some recent rules change.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    You are pretty much mistaken across the board. Finebaum knows an easy gig when he sees one, and pitting Alabama/Auburn fans against each other is like shooting fish in a barrel. Even the national appeal of the show is based on the localized aspect.
    ^^^This...FB is much more popular than one realizes. I listen to him when there is news to be had (turn off the freakshow junkie callers). His cash cow is right here in Alabama. He's not going anywhere.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Still some confusion as to whether or not other markets are receiving a show from Finebaum.
    Last edited by DiamondDust; January 22nd, 2013 at 04:29 PM.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I enjoy his interviews but I can't listen regularly because of the idiot callers. Someone calls in and rambles for about five minutes and then someone else calls in and talks smack to whoever just called. Just not interesting to me.

Back in the early 1990s, Paul had a nighttime show on a Birmingham station. Then he suddenly quit and it was announced he'd be joining another station and paired with Matt Coulter, who had a show there. Coulter promptly quit and moved to Paul's old station. Maybe he'll move back to Jox. Or call Herb Winches from retirement.

I can only listen in the afternoons so I'm stuck with the Czars. They aren't bad, but I'd rather hear the roundtable.

My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Thank god. I could never stand him and I hope his new show doesn't get picked up by xm radio. I really enjoyed the beer bath he got by the UGA fans after the 08 blackout in Athens, that was awesome.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    Send me up some Pibb Extra and Golden Flake potato chips please

BamaNation All-American theBIGyowski's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

His website redirects to the generic Cumulus Media home page.

If he were still on the air somewhere...you would think his website would still be up and running.
    I remember my first game as a child and the amazing feeling I got when I first walked into Bryant-Denny. I still get that same feeling every single game.

BamaNation Third Team Sgtsmokdu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    He isn't on sirius today..

Sent from your iPhone via my Galaxy Nexus!