Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

Re: Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

I like Finebaum ok but it still amazes me that he made satellite radio. I wouldn't tune in to listen to Tammy give a rant if you paid me.
    It's almost like the redneck football network.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    I like Finebaum ok but it still amazes me that he made satellite radio. I wouldn't tune in to listen to Tammy give a rant if you paid me.
    It's almost like the redneck football network.
    It's just like a train-wreck... you can't help but look at times.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

I thought this must be what happened, since 93.9 in the Shoals has been carrying ESPN radio most all afternoon. 95.5, whatever it is, was carrying something else as well. They had been broadcasting Finebaum too.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDust View Post
    It's just like a train-wreck... you can't help but look at times.
    I think CrimsonCat described it best in an old thread when she said the Finebaum show was like a human zoo.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    I think CrimsonCat described it best in an old thread when she said the Finebaum show was like a human zoo.
    Another accurate description.
    “We have 45 men suited up. They're all supposed to be ready to play.”

-Bill Belichick

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by jthomas666 View Post
    I'd started to listen to 97.3 a bit more anyway--Scarbinsky isn't nearly the twit he seems to be in print. While Finebaum does great interviews, his regular callers set my teeth on edge.
    I agree about his regular callers. I have to turn the station when they come on. I am pumped if the Roundtable crew is coming to 2-6. I will never have to listen to Finebaum again.

Suspended

Really don't understand why you guys are gumping so hard for the Roundtable. Those guys never, ever criticize anyone - not the SEC, not the refs, and certainly not Auburn. Cam Newton could have been caught in bed with a dead girl, a live boy, three laptops and signed check from Bobby Lowder and they still wouldn't have been critical of that cesspool down in Lee County.

But let some of our players sign an autograph for a jock-sniffer at the Tuscaloosa Mall and then, well, someone call the NCAA.

And they gave Clay Travis air time? No, thanks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post
    Really don't understand why you guys are gumping so hard for the Roundtable. Those guys never, ever criticize anyone - not the SEC, not the refs, and certainly not Auburn. Cam Newton could have been caught in bed with a dead girl, a live boy, three laptops and signed check from Bobby Lowder and they still wouldn't have been critical of that cesspool down in Lee County.

Ah yes, we call that 'the weekend' at the b_aj house....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I hate the roundtable. Love Finebaum. Glad he is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonProf View Post

But let some of our players sign an autograph for a jock-sniffer at the Tuscaloosa Mall and then, well, someone call the NCAA.

And they gave Clay Travis air time? No, thanks.
    I can't really excuse the Clay Travis situation, but they actually talk about interesting sports topics. Something that Finebaum has avoided doing for years now. I admit that Finebaum's guests are a tier about Roundtable. That's really the only reason I ever listen to Finebaum.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

I figure some of callers will die or end up in jail. It seems their lives revolve around their 90 second call.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Enjoyed the FB interviews / guests but hated the regular callers.
    Bamabww

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabww View Post
    Enjoyed the FB interviews / guests but hated the regular callers.
    I agree. I enjoyed listening to the interviews on his show, especially Cecil Hurt and some of the other regulars during the fall season. I also enjoyed the time slot. Finebaum is too caustic to listen to any earlier in the day for me. I did have to change to another station for some of the regular callers like the GA guy ( not sure of his name), Tammy, and some others. It was unfortunate to be nationwide and have regular callers like them. The callers they let through just further reinforced a misconception some people in other parts of the country have of Southerners.