Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Quote Originally Posted by tftplisa View Post
    I enjoy the show living up in Ohio. .....
    I'll miss the show for 3 months.
    And I can't think of a better time of year than this for Finebaum to take his wife on that long awaited around the world cruise.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonChuck View Post
    Maybe, but the rush hour time slot gets a lot more ratings.
    Yep . Mornings and afternoon drive are where it's at .

It was very odd back when NCC's popped up in our market and while nobody initially thought they would hold up , they either did or turned out to be too costly for some to battle . One of them had been a morning drive fixture for 30 years and these were for 12 months which caused some very hard times for anyone unwilling to move to another market . Radio was once a fun gig , but deregulation has pretty much been a disaster for most employees .
    "I know there's tremendous expectations here for what you would like to accomplish with this football program . I can tell you that however you feel about it , I have even higher expectations for what we want to accomplish . I want to win every game we play ." - Nick Saban 1/4/07

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I had Sirius when I traveled for work, thinking about signing back up. I liked King's show as well, never really caught on to him being a UT fan, but maybe that's because of Derrick Dooley there wasn't much to crow about. I would listen to Paul in the afternoons when out of town just to get some local news. Arute's show was pretty good as well, I listened when he was paired with Mike Leach.
    When Bill was on a local show on the AM dial, it was no secret that he is a UT guy. But as was previously posted, he is fairly objective and treats his callers well. He's good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    What did he write about Bryant?
    Yeah, I'd like to know this as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Don't be surprised if you see any other depart from Jox as well...

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan_bdb View Post
    So glad to hear this! I can't take his regular callers and the lack of real football discussion. And even though he gets the biggest personalities for interviews, the interviews themselves are really pathetic. He doesn't ask the questions you want answered, in my opinion.

Any ideas on who might fill the mid-day slot?
    I never thought it was a talk show as we have come to know them. It was more of a "listen show." People call in, spout off and he says, "next caller is *****." How he promoted himself to sports authority of the south is beyond me.
    “ The Crimson Tide of Alabama” Now that has a majestic ring to it!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've listened to the PF show off and on for years.
    I like to think of it as a combination of Dan Patrick and Jerry Springer's show.
    Paul sometimes had good knowledgeable guest on his show, but to make up for it
    he had a cast of 'Characters' who are/were regular callers who are borderline idiots.

Like him or hate him, people listen because PF would bait Alabama and Auburn fans into
    name calling and screaming insults on the radio.
    When PF got more of a national following, he always managed to find some 'Homer' to call in
    and declare war on his fans.
    PF is sometimes a victim of his own success. People love to hate him, and that includes
    sponsors and radio managers...

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Sure missed it on my long drives this week. It was always something good to listen to to keep from falling asleep. Sirius will need to get him back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    Sure missed it on my long drives this week. It was always something good to listen to to keep from falling asleep. Sirius will need to get him back soon.
    Funny thing, I havent missed a second of it. I used to listen to it on my ride home & some of the callers just get on my nerves. I kind of like the Round table in that spot.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon on TideFans.com

Funny thing. There has been more substance of discussion since he left than in the last year. I turn 94.5off at 2PM....or at least I used to.

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Finebaum, Finebaum...Oh yeah! I remember; didn't he used to be a journalist of some sort back in the day? Whatever became of that guy?
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

somewhere legend, tammy, and i-man are roaming the streets looking to rant for cash.

I could only stand it in small doses, very small doses... I stream the opening drive a couple times a week on the way in to work but that's about it for me. And sometimes I don't get that, my daughter likes to play games on my phone on the way to daycare...