Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crimson Sabbath

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 23, 2007
I thought this must be what happened, since 93.9 in the Shoals has been carrying ESPN radio most all afternoon. 95.5, whatever it is, was carrying something else as well. They had been broadcasting Finebaum too.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I'd started to listen to 97.3 a bit more anyway--Scarbinsky isn't nearly the twit he seems to be in print. While Finebaum does great interviews, his regular callers set my teeth on edge.
I agree about his regular callers. I have to turn the station when they come on. I am pumped if the Roundtable crew is coming to 2-6. I will never have to listen to Finebaum again.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Really don't understand why you guys are gumping so hard for the Roundtable. Those guys never, ever criticize anyone - not the SEC, not the refs, and certainly not Auburn. Cam Newton could have been caught in bed with a dead girl, a live boy, three laptops and signed check from Bobby Lowder and they still wouldn't have been critical of that cesspool down in Lee County.

But let some of our players sign an autograph for a jock-sniffer at the Tuscaloosa Mall and then, well, someone call the NCAA.

And they gave Clay Travis air time? No, thanks.

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Really don't understand why you guys are gumping so hard for the Roundtable. Those guys never, ever criticize anyone - not the SEC, not the refs, and certainly not Auburn. Cam Newton could have been caught in bed with a dead girl, a live boy, three laptops and signed check from Bobby Lowder and they still wouldn't have been critical of that cesspool down in Lee County.

Ah yes, we call that 'the weekend' at the b_aj house....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevo

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 7, 2011

But let some of our players sign an autograph for a jock-sniffer at the Tuscaloosa Mall and then, well, someone call the NCAA.

And they gave Clay Travis air time? No, thanks.
I can't really excuse the Clay Travis situation, but they actually talk about interesting sports topics. Something that Finebaum has avoided doing for years now. I admit that Finebaum's guests are a tier about Roundtable. That's really the only reason I ever listen to Finebaum.

1Dawn

1st Team
Sep 18, 2009
Enjoyed the FB interviews / guests but hated the regular callers.
I agree. I enjoyed listening to the interviews on his show, especially Cecil Hurt and some of the other regulars during the fall season. I also enjoyed the time slot. Finebaum is too caustic to listen to any earlier in the day for me. I did have to change to another station for some of the regular callers like the GA guy ( not sure of his name), Tammy, and some others. It was unfortunate to be nationwide and have regular callers like them. The callers they let through just further reinforced a misconception some people in other parts of the country have of Southerners.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think the guy from Columbus is Jim, may be a Barn fan.

I used to listen to him back when he had his night time show in the early 90s but switched to the other station's show because I thought he was too much of a jerk back then. And this was when he had normal people calling in.

As for how a show like his got on Sirius, have you ever seen Honey Boo Boo? I enjoyed hearing people from outside the area call in, but I like a show with a local focus. Sadly, most of the locals are the idiots who ramble and never make a point.

Do the regulars have a special number to call so they always get in every day?

Jref

1st Team
Oct 3, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Other than the guest segments, he lost me a few years ago when the show became "Jim Rome Lite".

I'd like to see him cut back to two hours -- 4 PM to 6 PM.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I did not know that this happened until yesterday on the way home from work when I was listening to the Sirius-XM channel that ran his show. There was another show being run in the time slot that had been his. Some of his regular callers were calling in to that show and were asking where the PF show went. Sounded like they were going through withdrawals!

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I only like the guest. The callers are a disgrace on all sides & a set up. 90% of the show is one caller talking about another & saying nothing about sports.

Jack Arute's & Packers show on XM are pretty good. I know CNS likes those show & is on regularly. I don't always agree but they are good shows IMO.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I really like Bill King's radio program on XM 91 and listen to it on the way to work. It's all college sports with the main focus being on football.

Finbaum is on by default when I get in the car to drive home. I have a 40 minute commute. I'll listen to it some but I'd be much happier if XM would put a show on which had more substance. I like listening to Herbstreet and used to enjoy the segment with Pat Dye and Gene Stallings. The regular callers wore thin a long time ago so I change channels as soon as I hear Jim or Tammy or Legend or any of the other numerous rednecks. "Paw ... I'm gon run around the stadium nekkid if Auburn loses to Alabama." Geez ...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Finebaum's show is unbearable at times. He does have a good guest lineup during the football season though. I don't listen that often outside of football season accordingly.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
He will be back by next fall. With the exception of national signing day, the PF show in the off season is rather dull.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.