Finebaum finally leaves WJOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So, is today the day that they all come out of the woodworks... Darriel, Tammy, and the rest of the clan?

Sent from your iPhone via my Galaxy Nexus!
I've always thought they were Finebaum shills, with marching orders, if not an outright script. I stopped listening years ago and I never listened habitually to begin with. I've had fans from other regions ask me if these characters were real. I've always answered "nah."

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I've always thought they were Finebaum shills, with marching orders, if not an outright script. I stopped listening years ago and I never listened habitually to begin with. I've had fans from other regions ask me if these characters were real. I've always answered "nah."
If Tammy is a shill then hers is a character for the ages, rivaling even Barney Fife.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Has it occurred to you that she can be sincere and still be a shill?
I guess I've always thought of a shill as some one who plays a decoy role more like the first definition below from Merriam-Webster.
a : one who acts as a decoy (as for a pitchman or gambler)
b : one who makes a sales pitch or serves as a promoter

By the second definition, there is no doubt in my mind that they qualify as shills. Finebaum has even talked about making road trips with several of them to events around the state.

Bhammer

1st Team
Jan 4, 2007
Birmingham
That show was only bearable when he was conducting interviews. The "callers" made me embarrassed to listen. I'll take the Roundtable over his circus every day of the week.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Sports Talk Radio in Birmingham is at its all time worstright now.

The Roundtable on WJOX absolutely stinks and the show on97.3 is just as bad.

I can’t believe that I am saying this……….when does PaulFinebaum come out of hiding?

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I can’t believe that I am saying this……….when does PaulFinebaum come out of hiding?
Respectfully disagree, The Roundtable is by far the best sports talk radio show in town IMO.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Respectfully disagree, The Roundtable is by far the best sports talk radio show in town IMO.
The operative term is "best sports radio show in town". I`m of the opinion that that doesn`t make it all that great. They seem to have a good knowledge base, but they get absolutely silly at times, like overgrown teenagers (LT in particular). I admit to having a limited frame of reference and it would be interesting to see comments from those who may have lived in other parts of the country and can objectively compare with other local shows. I used to listen to Bill King out of Nashville.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
I wish he would get back in the game just so he can fill the time slot on XM with something better than Brando. However, after listening to Brando, I have come to the conclusion that they all retread the same names to each other for interviews. Barnhart must do every call in show and Brando was on Paul's show every Monday. What I missed about F-bomb was the interviews with the old coaches more than hearing Tammy and Darrell from Columbus. Getting a weekly dose of Coach Stallings was nice and hearing Pat Dye's rants were some real classics.

Roll Tide 00

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
I enjoy Finebaums interviews but i can't bare listen to the rest of the show.

Roundtable is a very good show.That show before it though is very very bad.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I think you hae to know how to take Paul's show and do it for what it's worth. I love the interviews and even like some of the regular callers. Heck, I call in from time to time. I will say that back in April 2011 he had just gotten on Sirius and never wavered in the fact that his show was centering around the destruction and helping get info out to the area,

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

I also have to disagree, I love the roundtable, except the chizick stuff yesterday. its actually my favorite sports talk show, and I can't stand finebaum. Ive noticed most people who liked finebaum dont like the roundtable and the other way round.

Tied

Aug 16, 2012
Love the Round Table.

Hated Finebaum... hope he never returns.

Finebaum's show made me feel embarrassed to be from the south.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I usually listen about 45 minute per day during the season. He usually has Herbie on one day and Danielson one day Stallings on Fridays and maybe Pat Dye one day. Those interviews are pretty good. The worst part of the regular callers is that the only thing they talk about is the other callers and which one is the best caller. Not too much football.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I usually listen about 45 minute per day during the season. He usually has Herbie on one day and Danielson one day Stallings on Fridays and maybe Pat Dye one day. Those interviews are pretty good. The worst part of the regular callers is that the only thing they talk about is the other callers and which one is the best caller. Not too much football.
Agreed! :cool:

chris

All-SEC
May 17, 2001
loxley,al. 36551

Totally agree. Sportstalk in the state has never been worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.