Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

AJ Wins 2012 College Football Performance Awards QB Trophy

Link

Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron earned the 2012 CFPA Quarterback Trophy, announced today by College Football Performance Awards.

McCarron, who led Alabama to back-to-back National Championships, set the school record for passing touchdowns in a season (30) and in a career (49). As Alabama's starting quarterback over the past two seasons, McCarron has compiled a 25-2 record with 46 touchdowns and just eight interceptions. During the 2011 and 2012 seasons, he completed the SEC's second-longest streak of 291 pass attempts without an interception.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

AJ Wins 2012 College Football Performance Awards QB Trophy

Roll Tide!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: AJ Wins 2012 College Football Performance Awards QB Trophy

About time he started getting properly recognized. He has been nothing short of amazing in his two years, especially in the way he has grown and matured into not only his role as a QB, but also as a leader.

This is some crow that I don't mind eating, I was not real big on AJ from the beginning, I picked Phillip Sims to be the next great QB for us. I thought AJ had a little too much gunslinger in him and thought he might be turnover prone as a result. Boy, was I wrong, he's turned into just the opposite and best of all, he rises to the moment.

I think it can safely be said that Coach Saban wouldn't trade him for any other QB, even Johnny Football. I wouldn't either.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac View Post
    This is some crow that I don't mind eating, I was not real big on AJ from the beginning, I picked Phillip Sims to be the next great QB for us. I thought AJ had a little too much gunslinger in him and thought he might be turnover prone as a result.
    That was my exact sentiment. In our defense, perhaps we really weren't wrong. May be that was the AJ that came to play for Alabama, it's just not the one that good coaching helped him become.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Roll Tide Roll! Congrats to AJ, well deserved.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Congrats, AJ! Thrilled to see him get this recognition.

As an aside, I re-watched the entire BCSCG last night. After the trophy ceremony, CNS and AJ are separated but both headed to the locker room. AJ calls out to Coach, and says something in his ear. Fortunately, the ESPN microphone was close enough to catch what he said, which was, "I love you coach. I appreciate everything you do for us." I didn't catch that first time around, and thought it was cool enough to share.

Can't wait to see him in action next year.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

About time he started getting properly recognized. He has been nothing short of amazing in his two years, especially in the way he has grown and matured into not only his role as a QB, but also as a leader.

This is some crow that I don't mind eating, I was not real big on AJ from the beginning, I picked Phillip Sims to be the next great QB for us. I thought AJ had a little too much gunslinger in him and thought he might be turnover prone as a result. Boy, was I wrong, he's turned into just the opposite and best of all, he rises to the moment.

I think it can safely be said that Coach Saban wouldn't trade him for any other QB, even Johnny Football. I wouldn't either.
    When AJ and Sims came to Alabama I thought they were essentially even. (I was wrong)
    I told Fred Sington and he laughed, and told me when the dust settled that AJ would be
    the next great one...
    Fred's seen enough and talked to enough people to spot the potential for greatness.
    I'm glad to say that Fred's right.
    We had two good competitors and the better became our starter.
    I hate that Sims moved on, but he wanted more than mop up duty at Alabama.
    AJ McCarron is a proto typical Pro QB, gaining one more years experience before he moves
    on to the pros.
    AJ is a QB built by Coach Saban, to run Coach Saban's Alabama Offense.
    It helps we've had a couple of great guys as QB coach to mold AJ into a man
    who can run our Offense, or in a pinch take it on his shoulders to try to win.
    The awards are nice, but the two BCS Championship rings AJ has are fantastic.
    AJ want's to come back for another...
    Face it... AJ McCarron is now mentioned with the all time greats at the Capstone.
    He deserves to be...
    Last edited by Ole Man Dan; January 22nd, 2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: format

BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

For give me, but what Fred Sington are you talking about?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Hear, hear!
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Good for AJ. RTR
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Awesome. AJ is so deserving as his numbers indicate.

He's just an extremely classy young man and a good example. "Yes ma'am." I heard the "I love you, Coach" but missed what came after that. Thanks for sharing.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles15 View Post
    For give me, but what Fred Sington are you talking about?
    I believe that would be Fred, Jr., of Gadsden.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Roll, National Champion, Roll!
    Great for AJ.
    I am hoping for him, a third straight National Championship, but no matter what, I knowhe will give his utmost best, and his heart to achieve it.
    He's definitely made all of us proud.
    Last edited by im4uainva; January 23rd, 2013 at 06:27 PM.