Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: CNS Entering Uncharted Territory Even for Him - The ThreePeat

Process complete!

Quote Originally Posted by bamafan_bdb View Post
    Even the fans are programmed, now. Saban's domination is complete.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by pop11011 View Post
    Process complete!
    The process is never complete, it is an ongoing expectation of where you want to be in relation to what you want to accomplish or expect to accomplish. I've been conditioned, oh no.

Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by willie52 View Post
    the process is never complete, it is an ongoing expectation of where you want to be relative to what you want to accomplish or expect to accomplish. I've been conditioned, oh no.

lol, fify

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CNS Entering Uncharted Territory Even for Him - The ThreePeat

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Agree 100%. The way we played the bowl game and dismantled Mich. St just gave us a glimpse of how talented this team really was.

Which is a great reminder to this year's "very talented" team that talent needs heart, focus and determination.

I can almost guarantee you that CNS learned something in 2010 that produced what we saw in 2012 and hopefully what we'll see in 2013!
    Yeah thing about the process that its always changing to get better. Other teams' fans poke fun at it but they refuse to look the results. 2010 to me is kinda like that missing ring season, except this was on the players and not the media. There was no team that should have come close but the leadership was too lax. Then the process changed and produced 2011, then 2012, and now that we've gotten what happened in 2010 out of the system, wash, rinse and repeat.

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Yeah thing about the process that its always changing to get better. Other teams' fans poke fun at it but they refuse to look the results. 2010 to me is kinda like that missing ring season, except this was on the players and not the media. There was no team that should have come close but the leadership was too lax. Then the process changed and produced 2011, then 2012, and now that we've gotten what happened in 2010 out of the system, wash, rinse and repeat.

I really think you've just described the "genius" of Nick Saban. Nobody can "copy" the process because he's constantly updating what needs to happen. Every game and every year are a little different and he's the best at analyzing, planning and motivating the players to rise to that occasion!

I think Saban is the best recruiter in the game - with no one even close. He is also the best recruiter of assistant coaches in the game. He knows how to recognize talent (players and coaches). He knows how to develop coaches, and his coaches know how to develop players.

His "process" is awesome, but it is not unique. Many coaches follow a similar program. And even he admits that he isn't the best coach in college football - but he is always looking to hire the best.

Alabama wins because you have the most talent, and you have the most talent because you have the best talent evaluater and recruiter.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

The strange thing about the last two seasons is that we really won it two different ways, 2011 was all about defense. Sure McCarron had a big day against LSU but the Defense choked the life out of them and gave McCarron fantastic field position almost every time. 2012 was different, our secondary struggled a bit and at times allowed points in bunches, yet McCarron kept firing the ball deep and kept hitting those passes and brought us back. It's unfortunate they kind of screwed up on the goal line against Texas A&M because that would have been yet another amazing comeback. I really thought they would win it when they got to the five.

Anyway, 2013 is anyone's guess, some good players returning on both sides and some big time winners missing on both sides. I have no idea what to expect.
    BS 1989

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The reason that the 2010 team performed, or under-performed, the way that they did was because of three, related things: over-confidence, self-centered thinking, and a lack of followed leadership.

Going undefeated in 2009, with the talent we had coming back, caused many people on the team to think - at least in the back of their minds - that the team was unbeatable. It was not. Many of the upperclassmen were thinking way too much about the NFL Draft in 2011 even before the 2010 season began. Combine this with the extra distraction of the ESPN cameras following them around campus and this led to a tendency for many players to think about themselves and their goals more so than the team and its goals. And, while we did have several veteran players willing to try to lead the team and try to keep everyone's focus in the right place, many of the veteran players that the team looked to weren't as concerned about the team's focus. All of these things combined to result in poor preparation at times, poor chemistry and communication at times, and varying levels of performance from game to game. Add to that one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedules in the SEC if not the nation and the end result is three losses that quite possibly should have all been wins.

This team, even with the talent coming back, knows that it is not unbeatable. The Texas A&M game last year was a bit of a perfect storm for the Aggies - the timing turned out to be the best opportunity for an upset and they took advantage of that opportunity. Coach Saban and the rest of the coaching staff have certainly learned from the 2010 season how to better help the team to maintain focus after a successful season. There are also quite a few players on this team that remember that 2010 season and will not want to repeat it. This team, both last year and this year following the BCS Championship Game, have shown an attitude of commitment to the team and its goals, noticeably above and beyond their own. We also have a lot of veteran leaders coming back who are both respected by their teammates as well as fully committed to "the process". Because of that I do not think Coach Saban and the staff will have a hard time getting this team to focus through the Spring, Summer, and Fall leading into the season as well as Monday through Friday during the season; this team will be ready to compete on Saturday before Saturday arrives, not just willing to begin competing whenever Saturday finally rolls around. In addition, we also have a schedule that sets up perfectly for a run at an undefeated season. As much as the Texas A&M game set up last year to be the perfect opportunity for an Aggie upset, this year's game sets up perfectly for a nice can of Crimson Tide revenge. Our biggest question mark - and likely our biggest weakness - heading into next season will be our Offensive Line. No one on our schedule, though, looks to have the horses to take advantage of that potential weakness. Texas A&M should be a tough game but our offense should be able to put up points on their defense while our defense should be able to perform better against them than it did this past season and, as I mentioned, this game sets up perfectly for us to go into College Station and come out with a big win. LSU could be a tough game as well but LSU lost a ton, including their entire starting Defensive Line, and looks to match up very poorly - despite having a lot of overall talent - on both sides of the ball against Alabama. No one else on our schedule should get within 14 points of us, even playing our "B" game, outside of possibly Ole Miss.

After the Texas A&M game, there's a very decent chance that we'll be a double digit favorite in every game up until a potential berth in the SEC Championship Game.

Personally, taking everything into account, I think we've got about a 90% chance of winning the SEC West, a 60% chance of winning the SEC Championship, and a 50% chance of winning the BCS Championship - even with the added pressure of a possible "three-peat".
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    I'm thinking a minimum eight-peat
    If Bama even got close to that they would kick us out of the NCAA.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

CNS Entering Uncharted Territory Even for Him - The ThreePeat

I can't wait to see this team. I just hope the leadership and egos are in the proper places.

ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    If Bama even got close to that they would kick us out of the NCAA.
    The NCAA would open an infractions office in Tuscaloosa and start digging. But worry not - they are focused on becoming an ethical organization.

I believe the team will be well prepared through-out the season. Even at the highest level of play, sometimes you need the ball to bounce your way. We had three close games this past year and then things went our way with regard to Oregon and K-State. Just one more wrong bounce and we would be looking back at 2012 very differently.
    That being said...Bama will be well prepared and talented...and often the ball "bounces the right way" for the better team.
    Bama 868-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    The reason that the 2010 team performed, or under-performed, the way that they did was because of three, related things: over-confidence, self-centered thinking, and a lack of followed leadership.

Going undefeated in 2009, with the talent we had coming back, caused many people on the team to think - at least in the back of their minds - that the team was unbeatable. It was not. Many of the upperclassmen were thinking way too much about the NFL Draft in 2011 even before the 2010 season began. Combine this with the extra distraction of the ESPN cameras following them around campus and this led to a tendency for many players to think about themselves and their goals more so than the team and its goals. And, while we did have several veteran players willing to try to lead the team and try to keep everyone's focus in the right place, many of the veteran players that the team looked to weren't as concerned about the team's focus. All of these things combined to result in poor preparation at times, poor chemistry and communication at times, and varying levels of performance from game to game. Add to that one of the toughest, if not the toughest, schedules in the SEC if not the nation and the end result is three losses that quite possibly should have all been wins.
    I agree but even with the lack of leadership and focus, I believe we still would have had a shot to win it all if it weren't for Robby Green's suspension and key defensive injuries. Dareus and Upshaw were injured much of the season and weren't 100% until the Michigan St. game. Donta' was not right until the end of the year. Menzie was injured before the 1st game and played but was not 100%. Then Barron's injury in the au game was at the worst possible time and likely cost us that game. I'm not saying we would have beat SC or LSU, but it would have been closer but for key injuries.

The same is true this year. If AJ goes down for more than a game or two, I certainly don't see us winning the SEC, but there aren't many teams who can lose their starting QB and win much . Injuries would hurt us in the secondary and on the OL. We have a lot of talented guys both places just not much experience.