Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

CNS Entering Uncharted Territory Even for Him - The ThreePeat

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer69 View Post
    I agree but even with the lack of leadership and focus, I believe we still would have had a shot to win it all if it weren't for Robby Green's suspension and key defensive injuries. Dareus and Upshaw were injured much of the season and weren't 100% until the Michigan St. game. Donta' was not right until the end of the year. Menzie was injured before the 1st game and played but was not 100%. Then Barron's injury in the au game was at the worst possible time and likely cost us that game. I'm not saying we would have beat SC or LSU, but it would have been closer but for key injuries.

The same is true this year. If AJ goes down for more than a game or two, I certainly don't see us winning the SEC, but there aren't many teams who can lose their starting QB and win much . Injuries would hurt us in the secondary and on the OL. We have a lot of talented guys both places just not much experience.
    Agreed. We had so much going on that season. The ESPN special was just wrong though it "kinda" helped recruiting. We should have run away with games and being in position to win those games we lost was depressing. Well, I'm over it now!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Re: CNS Entering Uncharted Territory Even for Him - The ThreePeat

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    CNS had 3 opportunities to produce a "repeat" (I guess it's ok to use this term now).

Third time was a charm.

But each time, starting with 2004 at LSU and then 2010 at Alabama his team lost three games and failed to repeat.

He finally got it right this past year and managed to do it.

NOW, he is in uncharted territory for even himself.

We know the process is the same each year, but now how do you really keep this year's team hungry to win it all?

Fire way...
    For the sake of argument I would say that CNS is not in uncharted territory. We won the NC this year, same as in 2011. 2013 should be viewed as nothing more than a repeat. How CNS approached the 2012 season very well should work for the 2013 season. I'm sure he learned some things in 2012 that he will do different in 2013. As always, the chemistry and leadership of the 2013 team will dictate how to approach the task of keeping the team motivated and hungry. (I have not read the whole thread. Hope I didn't step on anyone).
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

No program has ever won 3 straight. We could become the first. That's motivation enough.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    No program has ever won 3 straight. We could become the first. That's motivation enough.
    No team in the modern era.

Minnesota was, I believe, the last program to do it - in the early 1900s.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell