Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American banjeaux's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

BJ Scott, former Bama player, added to Senior Bowl roster

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2...special-report

South Alabama safety B.J. Scott, a Prichard native who graduated from Vigor High, got word Wednesday he was being added to the Senior Bowl roster and announced it via Twitter:

So The Lord answered my prayers I have confirmed that I will be in Mobile, Alabama in the morning to play in the Senior Bowl.#GodIsGood

Good luck, BJ! I hope you're able to seize this opportunity!
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: BJ Scott, former Bama player, added to Senior Bowl roster

Great to hear. Good luck BJ!

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

BJ Scott profile at RollTide.com

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/scott_bj00.html

Jags' B.J. Scott soaking up his final days as college player

MOBILE, Alabama
    -- B.J. Scott is finding every excuse these days to stay on the field a little longer. Practice field, game day, whatever. He has even started hanging out with the kickers once practice has ended to take part in kicking contests. He's pretty good at that too, it turns out. He even kicks left-footed at times.

For as much as Scott loves competition - and there are few who enjoy it more, crave it more - the Mobile-area native and South Alabama senior safety loves and craves being part of a team, playing the game, taking on challenges with his teammates, being a leader.

He has just two college games remaining. He wants to make them count in a big way.

"I'm trying to take it all in, I am,'' Scott said after a recent practice when asked if he is soaking up his final days as a college football player. "I know it's all coming to an end. When I first got to college I thought I would be a guy that went three and out (declaring for the NFL after his junior season).
    http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2..._up_his_f.html
    Oh, Susanna. Oh, don't you cry for me, for I come from Alabama with a banjeaux on my knee. G'wan to Louisiana my true love for to see.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: BJ Scott profile at RollTide.com

Hope things work out well for BJ. He has a lot of talent. I hated to see him transfer from Bama, but it was for his own good, IMO. Hope he wows the scouts at the Senior Bowl.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm pulling for BJ. Even though things didn't work out like we all hoped it would here, he was a part of that awesome 2008 class that changed everything here!

BamaNation All-SEC

Glad to hear he will get to play at least one more game. Why was he added so late? Did a player get removed and open a spot? or did he petition to play in the game late?

Quote Originally Posted by glasscutter256 View Post
    Glad to hear he will get to play at least one more game. Why was he added so late? Did a player get removed and open a spot? or did he petition to play in the game late?
    Good for BJ, but do I have to be the one to say it?

The Senior Bowl has been trying to work in Jaguar players since the football team started. It's sad and pathetic really, and I remember seeing their cheerleaders at the Senior Bowl and getting grossed out...
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The article said another USA player (LB) suffered an achilles injury during practice and could not participate in the game, so BJ was called up as an alternate.

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kayakerjess View Post
    The article said another USA player (LB) suffered an achilles injury during practice and could not participate in the game, so BJ was called up as an alternate.
    I hope BJ can make the best of the opportunity that has presented itself to him. Best wishes, BJ! Keep that do-it-all attitude in your pursuit of a successful life and you may be pleased and surprised as to how far it can take you.
    Roll National Champions, Roll!

My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

From the article:
    While South Alabama linebacker Jake Johnson's Senior Bowl experience ended quickly with an Achilles injury on Wednesday, another Jaguar has been called up to take his place.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post

The Senior Bowl has been trying to work in Jaguar players since the football team started. It's sad and pathetic really, and I remember seeing their cheerleaders at the Senior Bowl and getting grossed out...
    "Sad and Pathetic" to try to work in Jaguar players, eh? How so? Looking back as a Mobile native, I remember as an 11 yr old kid, when the Senior Bowl was moved, from Jacksonville in 1951. The Alabama & Auburn seniors got consideration, when possible. After all, that helped with one primary goal of putting butts in the seats at Ladd. The fact that BJ Scott was a late addition is surprising.

Re: USA Cheerleaders

I don't know about cheerleader for prior years. But, this group looks 'bout as good as those, who represent most teams. At the college level most cheerleaders are required to have gymnastic skills, which is unlike the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader types, i.e., dance team.

Last edited by banjeaux; January 24th, 2013 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux View Post
    one primary goal of putting butts in the seats at Ladd.
    Then they wouldn't feature South Alabama players would they? In case you haven't noticed, South Alabama doesn't put butts in seats at Ladd.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjeaux View Post
    I don't know about cheerleader for prior years. But, this group looks 'bout as good as those, who represent most teams.
    I can't comment too much without seeing them in action. There were less a couple years ago, and a couple looked like flag girls, not cheerleaders.

South Alabama is desperately trying to be relevant in college football, but they're not. They're getting a break from the city, they're upping tuition for students, and speaking as a Mobile native, college football would be better off without them.
    "Everybody that chooses to go to the game should stay there and support the team for the game." - Nick Saban
    "This is how it should be every game, every home game... the fans were just amazing". - Kevin Norwood on 2013 LSU game
    "Four, five-star recruits are in Tuscaloosa, and then they see a stadium start emptying out at halftime"

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by KrAzY3 View Post

3..2..1..negative comment installed.

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    3..2..1..negative comment installed.
    I have nothing against BJ, but someone asked why he was a late addition. He was a late addition because they always try to shoehorn South Alabama players in. I was happy when he committed to Alabama, I was sad things didn't work out, but it doesn't make South Alabama less of a waste of resources and less of a pollution to the college football landscape.