banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
I can't really go into detail because last time I did the thread got shut down. But yeah, I live in the city of Mobile and they raised the sales tax, but they give South Alabama rent free accommodations.

Obviously my recollection isn't perfect, but my enduring Senior Bowl moment (as it pertains to this discussion) was of South Alabama's marching band, token player, mascot, and yes a fat South Alabama cheerleader. I'm going to the game, so hopefully that won't be the case this time around, but I didn't go before to see South Alabama, especially that much South Alabama.

I should say something defending South Alabama so I can get a banjeaux to like one of my posts (or is he just liking anyone that's not in agreement with me? :frown:) but at least we got some pictures of the Rangerettes, what ever those are.

So yeah, good luck to BJ and hopefully he's the only South Alabama related anything I see at the game.
I just checked and it looks like the Atlanta Falcons Cheerleaders and the Alabama State University Mighty Marching Hornets Band this year.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Re: How 'bout these ladies, huh?

congrats BJ! Best of luck to you.

Them Rangerettes are some going looking gals:rolleye2:

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana

banjeaux thanked for this post

banjeaux liked this post

banjeaux disliked this post

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TideFan in AU liked this post!
Oh! TideFan in AU, no mistake. I dislike every post by seebell. I gotta keep him on his toes, don't you see? On a rare occasion, I might also "thank" and "like" the same post, also. We, seebell and, I have an understanding, which stems from many discussions on the Non-Sports board. You see his avatar, the rooster. He started using the rooster, when I told him he'd have a better chance sneaking daylight passed a rooster, than his bull passed me. :biggrin2:

lincoln_osiris

1st Team
Feb 11, 2009

Could be that it is easier to get cheerleaders, band members, and replacement players from Mobile since they are already in Mobile and are available. Just a guess on my part.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
B.J. Scott excels in home-state finale at Senior Bowl

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/01/michael_williams_bj_scott_exce.html#incart_special-report

Michael Williams, B.J. Scott excel in home-state finale at Senior Bowl
Another former Crimson Tide player, South Alabama defensive back B.J. Scott, joined the South roster late in the week and got extensive playing time Saturday night, showing good cover skills in sticking with North receivers throughout the game and making three tackles.

"They're receivers just like any other receivers," Scott, who played safety at South Alabama, said of the challenge of covering players like Kansas State's Chris Harper and Texas' Marquise Goodwin. "I showed I can play cornerback. I showed I'm versatile enough to play it at a high level."

Scott played cornerback at Alabama before transferring to South Alabama in 2011. A Vigor graduate, he'll now return to Miami where he'll continue to train, hoping his performance in Mobile will help him get an invitation to the NFL combine next month.

"It's great to leave on a note like this, the last game of my career and do it in front of all my family and friends," he said. "They showed a lot of support and I'm just glad I got the opportunity to play in this game."

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Re: B.J. Scott excels in home-state finale at Senior Bowl

BJ was solid, but they were not afraid to throw at him. Michael Williams played well, and I approve of the Atlanta cheerleaders.

No South Alabama love fest this year, I guess interest has died off completely :wink:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Re: B.J. Scott excels in home-state finale at Senior Bowl

I watched him play, he's not a bad corner but his flat out speed was never as advertised, I just think the recruiting services missed on this one, it doesn't happen often but it does happen.
In hindsight, I think that largely nails it. He was a pretty athletic kid, but I think college coaches and the recruiting experts missed on the degree of his top-end speed and short-yardage acceleration. Everyone thought he was some gamechanger athlete, when in reality he turned out to be more of a pretty good athlete. More of a Ramzee Robinson than a David Palmer, in other words.

Certainly the fact that he played QB in high school made it a much harder evaluation, but I think that was the basic culprit behind his struggles in CFB. You could see it on display in the Senior Bowl, too, opposing WR's were eating up a big amount of cushion very quickly against him. That was his basic issue at 'Bama too. Wasn't a kid who was particularly sound fundamentally at either WR or CB, because he had never really played either, and he didn't have the raw athleticism needed to overcome the middling technique.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.