banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
BJ Scott profile at RollTide.com

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/scott_bj00.html

Jags' B.J. Scott soaking up his final days as college player

MOBILE, Alabama
-- B.J. Scott is finding every excuse these days to stay on the field a little longer. Practice field, game day, whatever. He has even started hanging out with the kickers once practice has ended to take part in kicking contests. He's pretty good at that too, it turns out. He even kicks left-footed at times.

For as much as Scott loves competition - and there are few who enjoy it more, crave it more - the Mobile-area native and South Alabama senior safety loves and craves being part of a team, playing the game, taking on challenges with his teammates, being a leader.

He has just two college games remaining. He wants to make them count in a big way.

"I'm trying to take it all in, I am,'' Scott said after a recent practice when asked if he is soaking up his final days as a college football player. "I know it's all coming to an end. When I first got to college I thought I would be a guy that went three and out (declaring for the NFL after his junior season).
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/11/jags_bj_scott_soaking_up_his_f.html

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: BJ Scott profile at RollTide.com

Hope things work out well for BJ. He has a lot of talent. I hated to see him transfer from Bama, but it was for his own good, IMO. Hope he wows the scouts at the Senior Bowl.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Glad to hear he will get to play at least one more game. Why was he added so late? Did a player get removed and open a spot? or did he petition to play in the game late?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Glad to hear he will get to play at least one more game. Why was he added so late? Did a player get removed and open a spot? or did he petition to play in the game late?
Good for BJ, but do I have to be the one to say it?

The Senior Bowl has been trying to work in Jaguar players since the football team started. It's sad and pathetic really, and I remember seeing their cheerleaders at the Senior Bowl and getting grossed out...

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
The article said another USA player (LB) suffered an achilles injury during practice and could not participate in the game, so BJ was called up as an alternate.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
The article said another USA player (LB) suffered an achilles injury during practice and could not participate in the game, so BJ was called up as an alternate.
I hope BJ can make the best of the opportunity that has presented itself to him. Best wishes, BJ! Keep that do-it-all attitude in your pursuit of a successful life and you may be pleased and surprised as to how far it can take you.
Roll National Champions, Roll!

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
From the article:
While South Alabama linebacker Jake Johnson's Senior Bowl experience ended quickly with an Achilles injury on Wednesday, another Jaguar has been called up to take his place.

The Senior Bowl has been trying to work in Jaguar players since the football team started. It's sad and pathetic really, and I remember seeing their cheerleaders at the Senior Bowl and getting grossed out...
"Sad and Pathetic" to try to work in Jaguar players, eh? How so? Looking back as a Mobile native, I remember as an 11 yr old kid, when the Senior Bowl was moved, from Jacksonville in 1951. The Alabama & Auburn seniors got consideration, when possible. After all, that helped with one primary goal of putting butts in the seats at Ladd. The fact that BJ Scott was a late addition is surprising.

Re: USA Cheerleaders

I don't know about cheerleader for prior years. But, this group looks 'bout as good as those, who represent most teams. At the college level most cheerleaders are required to have gymnastic skills, which is unlike the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader types, i.e., dance team.

Last edited:

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
one primary goal of putting butts in the seats at Ladd.
Then they wouldn't feature South Alabama players would they? In case you haven't noticed, South Alabama doesn't put butts in seats at Ladd.
I don't know about cheerleader for prior years. But, this group looks 'bout as good as those, who represent most teams.
I can't comment too much without seeing them in action. There were less a couple years ago, and a couple looked like flag girls, not cheerleaders.

South Alabama is desperately trying to be relevant in college football, but they're not. They're getting a break from the city, they're upping tuition for students, and speaking as a Mobile native, college football would be better off without them.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

3..2..1..negative comment installed.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
3..2..1..negative comment installed.
I have nothing against BJ, but someone asked why he was a late addition. He was a late addition because they always try to shoehorn South Alabama players in. I was happy when he committed to Alabama, I was sad things didn't work out, but it doesn't make South Alabama less of a waste of resources and less of a pollution to the college football landscape.

Arkytider68

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 5, 2012
I have nothing against BJ, but someone asked why he was a late addition. He was a late addition because they always try to shoehorn South Alabama players in. I was happy when he committed to Alabama, I was sad things didn't work out, but it doesn't make South Alabama less of a waste of resources and less of a pollution to the college football landscape.
Dude, resentful much. Am I missing something? We pull for the greatest football team in college football history I don't know why that must mean we have to blast others so hard?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Dude, resentful much. Am I missing something? We pull for the greatest football team in college football history I don't know why that must mean we have to blast others so hard?
I cheer for the greatest college football team in history. Why wouldn't I resent football welfare messing up college football?

Do you think it's coincidence that once Nick Saban showed up at Alabama, after all these years South Alabama suddenly wanted a football team? Perhaps I'm not the one that is resentful...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
I cheer for the greatest college football team in history. Why wouldn't I resent football welfare messing up college football?

Do you think it's coincidence that once Nick Saban showed up at Alabama, after all these years South Alabama suddenly wanted a football team? Perhaps I'm not the one that is resentful...
stop, take a nap, and then come back to your keyboard.

you seem to be a little aggressive with the negativity towards others at times.
The little kids need to play the game so we have teams to dominate, right?

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
stop, take a nap, and then come back to your keyboard.

you seem to be a little aggressive with the negativity towards others at times.
The little kids need to play the game so we have teams to dominate, right?
Who (other than wide bodied South Alabama cheerleaders messing up an otherwise decent spectacle) was I negative towards?

Alabama already has a team to dominate, it's called Auburn. The other three are a drain, on state and federal funding, along with being an outlet for resentful individuals to try to get their own piece of the football landscape. None of the three existed prior to the latest round of scholarship reductions, they combined do not equal Auburn's attendance, and their existence is more along the lines of allowing Arkansas St. have a good record than provide anything of use to SEC programs. So, to reiterate I have a right to be unhappy, both as a college football fan and as a taxpayer in the state of Alabama.

If you want more specifics, there was a conversation here not that long ago in which we were discussing the negative impact of these football welfare programs. Namely, they cloud the post season picture, creating conferences full of nobodies that provide nothing of value short of the occasional homecoming opponent. What would the state of Alabama lose if they only had 2 FBS programs? Nothing of value, and they'd save a fair bit of money...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Who (other than wide bodied South Alabama cheerleaders messing up an otherwise decent spectacle) was I negative towards?

Alabama already has a team to dominate, it's called Auburn. The other three are a drain, on state and federal funding, along with being an outlet for resentful individuals to try to get their own piece of the football landscape. None of the three existed prior to the latest round of scholarship reductions, they combined do not equal Auburn's attendance, and their existence is more along the lines of allowing Arkansas St. have a good record than provide anything of use to SEC programs. So, to reiterate I have a right to be unhappy, both as a college football fan and as a taxpayer in the state of Alabama.

If you want more specifics, there was a conversation here not that long ago in which we were discussing the negative impact of these football welfare programs. Namely, they cloud the post season picture, creating conferences full of nobodies that provide nothing of value short of the occasional homecoming opponent. What would the state of Alabama lose if they only had 2 FBS programs? Nothing of value, and they'd save a fair bit of money...
OMG...now i'm afraid they'll take our spot in a 4 team playoff.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
always? they have only had a football team for 3 or 4 years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.