Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Man, some touchy folk these days. Not everybody has an agenda.
    Boy i'll say, i mean really to bestow a term like classy on an average deed like that is like giving clint mosely the heisman trophy talk about an agenda.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    You won't win this one. I refused to go along with calling the letter from Missouri after GA beat their brains in classy and was ridiculed endlessly for it. They were humbled by GA and only after that did they decide to be thankful to be in the SEC. Everyone declared that a classy move, but in my opinion it was very much like when my 7 year old is forced to say "I'm sorry" after punching his brother. Society has come to expect so little of people that not farting at the dinner table passes for class now.
    How can you even compare this letter, Missouri's letter, and your example? Unbelievable!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    I said it was ok but i wouldnt call it classy. Was it nice sure it was. Imo to declare that a classy thing to do i think that it dilutes the term and takes away from the real deal classy people like barrett jones. What this player did was ok and nothing beyond that.
    Has Barrett published his letter anywhere yet?
    RIP Hub

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I said it was ok but i wouldnt call it classy. Was it nice sure it was. Imo to declare that a classy thing to do i think that it dilutes the term and takes away from the real deal classy people like barrett jones. What this player did was ok and nothing beyond that.
    Just FYI, class is not a commodity that if you deal out too much, will eventually run dry and no one will ever get it again. I agree Barrett Jones is a class act. He is a great player and does a lot of great things off the field. But some argue that his exchange between AJ in the NC Game was the farthest thing from "class".

Bottom line is, what this kid did was a "classy" thing to do. It shows that he is appreciative of the opportunities that the people in Gainesville afforded him. Will the guy win a Nobel Peace Prize or Pulitzer Prize for this letter? Hell no...but don't look down on it as if it wasn't a classy gesture.

This was a refreshing thing for a young man to do. There is plenty of reserves of class left in the vault to be doled out...quit being so stingy with it!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

Has Barrett published his letter anywhere yet?
    Barrett Jones dosent have to. His deeds speak for them selves.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

The title of the thread needs to be changed to properly reflect what this player did. Something like the word nice in place of classy would suffice.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar

Ah, gotcha. It's just implied. That's the best kind of class.

Didn't realize we were speaking of any deeds other than an athlete thanking the school he attended and its fanbase in writing for an opportunity? Maybe if Floyd also played violin.
    RIP Hub

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I didn't know Barrett's dad was a member of TideFans...

So nice to meet you Mr. Jones. You did a great job raising your 2 sons, might I add!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood

Ah, gotcha. It's just implied. That's the best kind of class.

Didn't realize we were speaking of any deeds other than an athlete thanking the school he attended and its fanbase in writing for an opportunity? Maybe if Floyd also played violin.
    the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar

I think it counts as classy. This is a kid who was a high school all-american, but couldn't afford to go to the Army All-American game...so he held a bake sale to pay his way. He would have come back for his senior year, but coaches advised him to go because of his high grade. His main reason for leaving? So he can take care of his grandmother, who raised him...

You don't have to be a potential Rhodes scholar, accomplished violinist, or missionary to be classy. You can just be a guy from the streets of Philadelphia, who is thankful for the opportunity to have bettered himself..

BamaNation First Team

There's nothing more classy than an argument about what constitutes "classy".

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    How can you even compare this letter, Missouri's letter, and your example? Unbelievable!
    I never compared this letter, just said he wouldn't win this argument. As for my son's apology and the mizzu letter both were forced. Mizzu was nothing but smug until they actually stepped on the field and saw how far from competitive in the conference they were. Then they were suddenly humble and just so glad to be a part of the conference.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    I never compared this letter, just said he wouldn't win this argument. As for my son's apology and the mizzu letter both were forced. Mizzu was nothing but smug until they actually stepped on the field and saw how far from competitive in the conference they were. Then they were suddenly humble and just so glad to be a part of the conference.
    You are the one that infiltrated and paralleled the three stories together...