Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people
    exactly where is your threshhold for class...what requirement satisfies your definition of it.

I happen to think that different deeds done different ways can still show class.

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

the letter the fla player wrote was a nice thing to do and ive never said otherwise. It was an action and therefore a deed. But to apply the term classy in this case is just not appropriate. When you start lowering the threshold for class you wind up calling crooks and thieves classy. Save it for people who truly deserve it so that class has a special meaning for special people
    May I remind you there is a difference between someone who is classy and a gesture that is classy.

I personally do not know Shariff Floyd, but I do know he should be commended and told when one of his behaviors, which may I once again remind you is a desired behavior, is "classy". In hopes that Mr. Floyd will continue to do such behaviors and can hopefully one day reach the seemingly "unreachable" threshold of Barrett Jones and be referred to as a classy person!

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet you don't write "thank you" notes or RSVP.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    exactly where is your threshold for class...what requirement satisfies your definition of it.

I happen to think that different deeds done different ways can still show class.
    I totally agree. But the bar should be pretty high before you bestow the term class upon anyone. Its a case by case situation. Barrett jones is there, he gets to wear the term class. The florida player is being polite and nothing more.imo

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I totally agree. But the bar should be pretty high before you bestow the term class upon anyone. Its a case by case situation. Barrett jones is there, he gets to wear the term class. The florida player is being polite and nothing more.imo
    My friend rizolltizide is a small primate, so his bar is pretty low (sorry, riz, but it's the truth, ya' know). He gets a pass on this one.
    Last edited by bamachile; January 24th, 2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spheling
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    This thread is hilarious, in a sad kind of way...

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    My fried rizolltizide is a small primate
    YOU ATE THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com
    Last edited by Rasputin; January 24th, 2013 at 12:21 PM. Reason: So how'd he taste??

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    I bet you don't write "thank you" notes or RSVP.
    you would lose that bet.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

you would lose that bet.
    Just FYI, next time someone bets you and you think you are going to win the bet, accept the bet and allow them to lose before you tell them that they lost...
    Last edited by Rasputin; January 24th, 2013 at 12:24 PM. Reason: nevermind I forgot, you are class act and don't gamble...

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    YOU ATE THE MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com on TideFans.com
    Sory. I ussualy spel much beter than thaat.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    Sory. I ussualy spel much beter than thaat.
    I see what you did there...I think.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems classy to me; you can even see quotes of Coach Bryant telling incoming freshmen to write letters to family, etc. He said his first thing was to teach class, and then winning would come. To me this follows in that mode.