Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American MattinBama's Avatar
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Admins, can we get an extra "Mark this post classy" button for the forum?

2. Advertisement
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    Your use of the term classy is really an over reach. What he did in writing the letter is better described as being simply polite. And still, the title of this thread has not been changed.

Always gotta have the last word? Stop talking to yourself.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamainBoston's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    Your use of the term classy is really an over reach. What he did in writing the letter is better described as being simply polite. And still, the title of this thread has not been changed.
    I can't believe you are actually arguing this point. I don't know if he is classy, but you are sad.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Well that was a good read, this thread.
    ---------------------------------------

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."

Robert Frost

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoots View Post
    Let me see if I can explain this to you. If someone steals(like a thief) something from you or cons(like a crook) something out of you, that's not classy. Thievery. Bad. Crookery. Bad. Writing Letter of Appreciation. Good. Classy. See how that works.
    Thievery = bad = not societal normal....Being good = "normal"....nothing special about being normal. A lot of people expect to get great evaluations(raises) because they show up to work on time and every day. That is expected of you, you don't get special classification or treatment because you did something you should do.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    Well that was a good read, this thread.
    One of the better threads in recent memory. Well done RTR91.

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    Thievery = bad = not societal normal....Being good = "normal"....nothing special about being normal. A lot of people expect to get great evaluations(raises) because they show up to work on time and every day. That is expected of you, you don't get special classification or treatment because you did something you should do.
    Since when was it expected for players moving on to the NFL to put out a letter of a appreciation to the fanbase? I must have completely missed that memo. I don't think I can recall another player doing this.

Someone going above and beyond what is expected is not "normal."
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rizolltizide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tider@GW_Law View Post
    I liked Joeckel's letter to Texas A & M better.

He thanked the administration for making the decision to join the SEC and allowing them to compete with the best and show their talents on a national stage.
    Well, Joeckel is a classy guy. Much more so than that Floyd fella. Of course, he's got NC* compared to Barrett Jones.

*borrowed from Russell, he of Fat Albert's gang of misfits: "Rudy, you got NC. No class."
    RIP Hub

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post
    I guess that helps you during the actual slicing? Classy, that is if you use a Sharpie and not some store brand.
    Pfft. I just use a pair of pliers and a blowtorch. Midieval style.
    RIP Hub

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

S t a y C l a s s y

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BFANLC View Post
    And yet, you're located in a dream world.
    RIP Hub

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    One of the better threads in recent memory. Well done RTR91.
    Lets not kid ourselves here. You don't congratulate the quartz miner for the beauty of a 2 carat diamond ring...

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rizolltizide View Post
    Well, Joeckel is a classy guy. Much more so than that Floyd fella. Of course, he's got NC* compared to Barrett Jones.

*borrowed from Russell, he of Fat Albert's gang of misfits: "Rudy, you got NC. No class."

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by cbi1972 View Post

Stay classy, Tidefans
    Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post

S t a y C l a s s y
    Stay redundant