Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    Your use of the term classy is really an over reach. What he did in writing the letter is better described as being simply polite. And still, the title of this thread has not been changed.
    And still nothing you have said has changed the opinion of anyone on this board, and please don't misconstrue this as a request for you to say more.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Stay redundant
    Someone say redundant......

Quote Originally Posted by AlBamaWagg View Post
    And still nothing you have said has changed the opinion of anyone on this board, and please don't misconstrue this as a request for you to say more.
    speak for yourself.... he has changed my mind twice! once when i thought he was calling me classy and then again when he declared that i was not.....

Stay redundant
    redundancy is definitely not classy. but pointing out redundancy is downright crude and vulgar.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by nx4bama View Post
    speak for yourself.... he has changed my mind twice! once when i thought he was calling me classy and then again when he declared that i was not.....

At least i was not being redundant.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by davefrat View Post
    it is nice. that said, is he wearing bedroom slippers?

I thought they were slippers too...very funny, but I didnt want to divert the board from the most pressing of human questions: 'what is class'.

BamaNation First Team bamacpa70's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cloud_9 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamafaninOhiO View Post
    'what is class'.
    Per Mr. Merriam & Mr. Webster:

class actnoun
    Definition of CLASS ACT
    : an example of outstanding quality or prestige

Now, can we discuss the exact definition of "outstanding"?

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

http://www.thebirdietoldme.com/userA...px?id=11423380
    Redundant class has been outlawed.
    OK, I know that was extremely on the geeky side, but you guys drove me to it.

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    redundancy is definitely not classy. but pointing out redundancy is downright crude and vulgar.
    And you expect exactly what from a 2-time Award Winning TideFans Suspension Member...

And you expect exactly what from a 2-time Award Winning TideFans Suspension Member...
    i was just classlessly pointing out the obvious
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by TDBama78 View Post
    ...the polite thing to do would be to change the title of this thread that uses a term other than class. It gives the player way to much credit or should i say credd.
    This post right here tells me all I need to know about why you have a problem calling Shariff classy.

You say that Barrett Jones is classy because his colors are crimson and white, while Shariff Floyd is classless because his colors are orange and not white.

You sir, are the last person anyone needs a lecture from on "class".
    "Let them hate us, as long as they fear us." --Caligula

Quote Originally Posted by TheProcess View Post
    This post right here tells me all I need to know about why you have a problem calling Shariff classy.

You say that Barrett Jones is classy because his colors are crimson and white, while Shariff Floyd is classless because his colors are orange and not white.

You sir, are the last person anyone needs a lecture from on "class".
    I don't think he ever said Shariff was "classless", unless I missed it somewhere along the way. If he did, then let me be the first to say that wasn't a very classy thing to say. Tidefans posters are supposed to have more class than that.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    I don't think he ever said Shariff was "classless", unless I missed it somewhere along the way. If he did, then let me be the first to say that wasn't a very classy thing to say. Tidefans posters are supposed to have more class than that.
    I guess we'll know who's right and who's wrong once the nominations come out for this years award show.

Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.