Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: ESPN mock draft has 5 from Bama going in the 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by WKURainwater View Post
    I would love to see Barrett Jones playing in purple up in Baltimore next year. I think he would be a great replacement for Matt Birk who I think will probably retire after this season. I see him as a low first, high second, but I am by no means an expert.
    I would love to see him in Houston along with Warmack, Lacy, Millner, Nico, et al.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Second Team

15 SEC players in the first round! Goodness gracious
    ‘I can’t really say that you’re going to come in here and start. You’ve got to come here and be ready to compete because the best man plays.’ CNS

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Eddie to Green Bay or Atlanta, I'm calling it.
    "Um, that's just like, your opinion, man."

- The Dude

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

Re: SI mock draft has 5 from Bama going in the 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by tide96 View Post
    See here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...l-mock-draft-1

6 - Milliner
    10 - Warmack (a bit lower than some other sites)
    22 - Lacy
    25 - Flucker
    32 - Williams
    With a name like Flucker... How can he miss?

Barrett will almost certainly go in the 1st round due to the fact he can play multiple positions among other obvious talents.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

Id say the cant miss player we have in the draft is warmack. Imo he will start whete ever he plays i believe he is that good. Milner is up there too. Lacy and b jones will be scrutinized closely on the medical side and it could hurt them a little. Jones has injury prone feet and ankles. If you got a bad wheel you cant go. Lacy he has seldom been injury free but nothing cronic. Jones feet could be a cronic thing that will hurt him some.

BamaNation All-SEC rolltideface's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    ATL bound (hopefully) they need a RB- Turner will be gone. Rodgers is a good back but hes 5'6. need a bruiser back...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JPT4Bama View Post

Barrett will almost certainly go in the 1st round due to the fact he can play multiple positions among other obvious talents.
    I think by the time the draft gets here AT LEAST 1 of the 32 GMs is gonna want to snatch him up in the first round. The guy is too good, too smart, and way too classy to not be. JMHO

- The Dude

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Nolcbear View Post
    I hope to my Packers. With a running game along with Rodgers the Pack will be unstoppable! Agree he is a 1st rounder.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    I hope to my Packers. With a running game along with Rodgers the Pack will be unstoppable! Agree he is a 1st rounder.
    All the above could potentially be 1st rounders, but early second round isnt too shabby, either.

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideface View Post
    ATL bound (hopefully) they need a RB- Turner will be gone. Rodgers is a good back but hes 5'6. need a bruiser back...
    as a falcons fan I hope not. Love EL and would be happy to have him on the team but Atl need defensive players much more than RB's

Barrett is easily my favorite player from this team, and I will root for him no matter where he goes (even the Cowboys, but I'll be rooting against the rest of the team). That said, I don't see anyone taking Barrett in the first round. NFL staffs always seem to fall in love with measurables, and IIRC, Jones will be too physically limited before the draft to give any "surprising" workouts. Some may already be skittish about his foot, and if he doesn't get a shot to prove people he's more athletic than they currently believe, I don't see him sneaking into the first round.

Don't get me wrong, he will be an absolute steal to the team who finally selects him, and can be a pro-bowl caliber guard or center. I just don't think there will be enough "buzz" about him to go higher than mid 2nd round.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

What I do know is that it will be very interesting to see where Barrett goes. The debate between 1st or 2nd round will certainly continue.

I'm not really going along with his foot or other injuries being a huge problem for him. Everyone gets banged up in the NFL - dudes are just too big and too fast not to. What's mentionable is that the guy plays through pain while still performing at a high level.

- The Dude

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBoots View Post
    In a mock draft from the Senior Bowl he was projected to be the 40th pick. I think he is too good and too smart to not be a first rounder. I like Barrett a lot.
    Wouldn't be surprised to see him fall into the second round. Some aren't convinced he can play tackle in the NFL, and honestly the intelligence aspect works against players sometimes with GM's and scouts. The foot injury won't help matters, either, even though it's not expected to be a long-term issue.