Question About Start Times For Alabama Games

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Quick question here: I know that last fall's Ole Miss game had something like an 815 kickoff. I'm debating going to that game this year. So two questions:

1) How many other times have we kicked off a regular season SEC game at 815? (That's late)

2) If you were a betting guy (or girl), what time would you wager we kick off that game this year?

This is the rest of the SEC that day:

Texas A/M at Arkansas
Florida at Kentucky
LSU at Georgia
South Carolina at UCF
UAB at Vanderbilt
South Alabama at Tennessee

OPEN DATE
Auburn
Mississippi State

Thoughts? I know it's early, but I'm excited.

RTR

Quick question here: I know that last fall's Ole Miss game had something like an 815 kickoff. I'm debating going to that game this year. So two questions:

1) How many other times have we kicked off a regular season SEC game at 815? (That's late)

2) If you were a betting guy (or girl), what time would you wager we kick off that game this year?

This is the rest of the SEC that day:

Texas A/M at Arkansas
Florida at Kentucky
LSU at Georgia
South Carolina at UCF
UAB at Vanderbilt
South Alabama at Tennessee

OPEN DATE
Auburn
Mississippi State

Thoughts? I know it's early, but I'm excited.

RTR
Still incredibly early to guess because there might be a chance of a non-SEC game getting in one of the ESPN slots. On face value, LSU/Georgia would look like the CBS game, but even that is a toss-up. It also has to do with how good Ole Miss is at that point.

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia
I went to this past season's Ole Miss game and living in South Georgia the best location to get a room was in Prattville. Keep in mind my body is on eastern time, so it was about 2am when we got to our room. I will sell my tickets to any other game that is scheduled for 8:15 or later. Games on the eastern side of the Mississippi River shouldn't start that late in my opinion.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Too early in the season for the CBS DH date, and LSU-Bama will most likely be the one CBS Prime Time game. With that said, the UGA-LSU and Bama-Ole Miss games on that date are the most likely top two picks for CBS and ESPN.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Y'all are affirming my hunches. My guess is UF-UK will be the 1121 game, LSU-UGA the 230, and us and the aTm games will be one at 6, one at 730.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I'm guessing UF-UK for the JP game as well. I think every team has to be on there once and this is a good way for them to get Kentucky out of the way and have people actually watch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.