Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    Uh huh.

Alabama sells out an 83,000 seat stadium for every game and EXPANDS it to over 90,000 during a probationary period in which it was averaging about 6 or 7 wins a year.

Auburn rarely sells out its 85,000 seat stadium ever during good times or bad. The place is a ghost town if Auburn is not doing well. Bryant-Denny is packed no matter what.

But Barners are the most loyal fans? Sure. Makes sense to me.
    That doesn't necessarily prove that Bama fans are more loyal. Perhaps there are just more of us.

It could also indicate that in today's economy, there's just not much disposable income left from a Waffle House chef's salary after paying for the double-wide, the tractor, and the boxed set of WWE videotapes. If they had a need for toothpaste, it would send them into financial ruin.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    That doesn't necessarily prove that Bama fans are more loyal. Perhaps there are just more of us.

It could also indicate that in today's economy, there's just not much disposable income left from a Waffle House chef's salary after paying for the double-wide, the tractor, and the boxed set of WWE videotapes. If they had a need for toothpaste, it would send them into financial ruin.
    I've always wonderd why they dont call it teethpaste, but i guess when it comes to aubren fans toothpaste is appropriate.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jim Jones had a loyal following too......just sayin.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

Whoever posted this reply was spot-on.

You guys are right, I don’t understand it. I’ve been there, plenty of times, and still don’t get it. Much in the same way I didn’t understand the Branch Davidians, Scientology, or Heaven’s Gate. You people are weird and creepy as hell.
    49-0.
    It is not JUST about football down there.
    They really do have a cult mentality.
    They honestly believe attending college at a middle of the road state school is a mystical experience.

And yes, I graduated from the University of Alabama, which I freely admit is another middle of the road state school. I love my alma mater. There is nothing wrong with that.
    But it is not a Church. It is a university.
    Last edited by Bruce014; January 25th, 2013 at 10:20 PM. Reason: corrected typos

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    Whoever posted this reply was spot-on.
    It is not JUST about football down there.
    They really do have a cult mentality.
    They honestly believe attending college at a middle of the road state school is a mystical experience.

And yes, I graduated from the University of Alabama, which I freely admit is another middle of the road state school. I love my alma mater. There is nothing wring with that.
    But it is not a church. It is a university.

<quote>You guys are right, I donít understand it. Iíve been there, plenty of times, and still donít get it. Much in the same way I didnít understand the Branch Davidians, Scientology, or Heavenís Gate. You people are weird and creepy as hell.
    49-0.</quote>
    Auburn has simply the most delusional fanbase around. One way to gauge it is that PF Show is broadcast all over the nation and his show is designed to bring out the cookiest fans out there. By my count, Auburn has every other school beat 2-1 in this category.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The "value" part actually goes back to a WSJ article which was based on self-reported attendance, revenue and expense figures. Do you all understand now?
    What I'm saying seems to have flown past all. I've seen AU's numbers on attendance, income and expense. They stink to high heaven and they're the ones supplying the numbers the "value" is based on to the WSJ, which is what the article is based on...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i just dont understand articles like that. it's like the writer doesnt actually see this stuff in person. I live about 4 blocks from Jerdin Hair. at halftime of both the UGA and A&M games, it was like someone pulled a fire alarm.

BamaNation Second Team BamaCurt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    To be fair, it does take some impressive loyalty to be a fan of Auburn.
    More like Brain Washing. They're all in, whether drinking the Kool-Aid or catching the Hale Bopp comet!
    v/r
    BamaCurt, USAF

["Then the sky turned dark and a huge Crimson Wave covered the field like a herd of Thundering Elephants."]

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    There are lies, **** lies and then there are statistics.. Mark Twain

Don't know if that is right phrase or not, but pretty close. Sometimes I believe you can substitute survey for statistics in that phrase and the meaning will still be true in its intent.
    They used the statistics like a drunken man uses a lamp post. For support rather than illumination.
    Life is short, ocassionally bend the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    Jim Jones had a loyal following too......just sayin.
    They drank the kool-aid and see where it got them?
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

My Mood
    Aggressive0 on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TydDFens View Post
    http://www.thewareaglereader.com/201...ns-most-loyal/

Got this off of a facebook friend. Warning explicit Barner delusion may be found in the article.
    Unreal, i want some of whatever he's smoking..........

RTR
    15 National Championships
    They've got a name for the winners of the world, and i want a name when i lose, They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blue.( Steely Dan 1978 )

ROLL TIDE ROLL

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Rasmussen reports Barn fans most loyal according to report.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The "value" part actually goes back to a WSJ article which was based on self-reported attendance, revenue and expense figures. Do you all understand now?
    It all makes sense now. I guess being delusional makes everything seem much more than what it really is!

Sent from Jay's iPhone via Tapatalk

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I guess you'd have to be loyal to stick with them with all the crud they go through with being the redheaded step child.